Chapter 23

Thalia's pov
Dad and I were walking through the streets of New York,we were both nervous.Logan called me and told me what happened:Santino put a bounty on me and my dad.i couldn't believe it,I also couldn't believe what Logan was pulling off.he's just a kid like me!he managed to call some people to help us out,he somehow paid them to not hunt me and my dad down.I nervously looked around as I held my dad's hand tightly,I had no idea who was a normal citizen or a highly skilled assassin.it could be the beggars on the streets or taxi drivers or even a random person that would pop up and pull a gun on me and my dad,who was mad about the fact that there was a bounty on my head.

Dad and I stuck together like glue while I took in my surroundings,I began to wonder who was an assassin or not.so far it looked like no one wanted to grab onto me and my dad but it didn't take long for people to try to get the jump on me and my dad,it happened so fast:

Like there was this sump wrestler looking guy who met up with us at the park.as my dad fought him,he tries to shoot me but I managed to duck out of the way.I knew I wasn't going to get hurt because I was wearing a bullet proof vest,but that didn't stop my dad from getting mad:he punched him in several points of his body like his neck and crotch area,but nothing seemed to bother him.i quickly stomp on the ground,my knife popped out the tip on my shoe."I'm glad I kept these boots."I thought as the sumo guy shoved my dad towards a glass sign,I ran towards him and kicked the guy in the back of his knee.my knife stabbed the back on his knee,the guy cursed in pain as I pulled out my gun and started to fire at me,but he grabbed my gun and moved it over.

I tried to punch him but it clearly didn't work.he grabbed me and threw me towards a bench,luckily I didn't hit the bench so I wasn't hurt.dad yelled as he ran towards the sumo guy and grabbed his arm,threw it over his shoulder,and broke it.this made the guy yell,dad shoots at him a couple of times but that clearly didn't work.I jumped on the guy's back and pulled out my knife from my sleeve,he growls as he tries to get me off my back but my grip on him is too strong.i open my sleeve knife and stab him repeatedly in the shoulder,he grabbed my knife and threw it beside my dad.dad pulled his gun and shot the guy in the head,finally killing him.he handed my knife back to me,as I took it from him we heard the guy groan.dad quickly shot him a bunch of times,"man that guys tough."I pointed out.