Chapter 8

Thalia's pov
Papa told me to go to the continental,he said the people there would keep me safe.i wanted you stay with him but he wanted me to be safe,I looked around as I entered the Continental."Ah,Thalia Wick."a man at the front desk said,"Yes,that's me."I tried to say confidently."the manager actually wanted to see you,I'll take you to him."he said,he led me up the stairs and into a big room.a man was sitting at a comfy chair reading a book,he looked up and saw me and the guy."Thank you Charon."he said to the guy as he took off his reading glasses,Charon nodded and walked off."come now Thalia,I mean you know harm."he said,closing his book.i walked towards him,"I'll assume you're hungry,here."he handed me a plate of food.

I looked at it,then I looked at him."Are you a good guy?"I asked him,"Well,you could say that.I am a friend of your father,but he probably didn't mention me:most likely to keep you safe."the man explained."Oh,where are my manners?"he held out his hand,"My name is Winston,I'm in charge of the Continental."he introduced himself.i shook his hand,"I'm Thalia,but you probably already know that."i said.he chuckled,"you're pretty smart,just like your father."he said.i looked down at my feet,"I hope he's ok."i said."Your father is John Wick,he can handle anything."he reassured me,I began to eat my food."this is really good Winston!"i said,he smiled.he then now just noticed how dirty I was,"I'll send someone to get you new clothes."he said.

Winston is a really nice guy,I like him.he took me to the doctor to check out my bruised wrist and the little scar on my neck,the doctor said I was going to be fine.later that day papa came back,i saw him hand Charon a room key."thank you."he said to Charon,"our pleasure sir."Charon said.I ran towards him and hugged his leg,he lifted me up and hugged me tightly.he then placed me down,Charon then handed daddy a key.he looked at it,confused.he grabbed his bag and held my hand,"it was a pleasure meeting you ms.Wick."Charon said."bye mr.Charon!"I waved goodbye to him as we left the building."they were really nice to me papa."i said as we walked outside,"I'm glad to hear that."he said.

we were on a walkway under a bridge,we were looking out the water."how many times do I have to save your ass?"we both turned around,it was the guy from mommy's funeral:Marcus!"I appreciate it."John said to him."of course."he saw me and kneeled down to my height,"nice to see you safe little one,I'm Marcus."he introduced himself."I know,I saw you before."I said,we shook hands.he then stood up,"you look terrible."he says to papa."I look retired."papa replied,"Retired?do you really believe that?"Marcus asked him.i held papa's hand tightly,"you made a new life,you'll find your way back to it.it's time to go home."Marcus said.as Marcus left i tugged on the sleeve of papa's suit,he looked at me."papa I'm sleepy,can we go home now?"I asked him,he lifted me up."sure kiddo."he said,he carried me to our new car.