Chapter 40

Thalia's pov
Dad and I both sat down at the same time,she sits across from us."even if I wanted to...I can't help you,Jardani.the high table wants your life,how can you fight the wind?how can you smash the mountains?how can you bury the ocean?how can you escape from the light?of course,you can go to the dark.but,they're in the dark too.so tell me Jardani,what is you really want?"she asked dad,"Passage."dad responded."where did you want to go?"she asked,"Casablanca."he replied.she laughed,"the path to paradise begins in hell."she said.dad held out the cross,she smirked."so be it.you hand me your ticket,I will tear it...if that's what you really desire."she said,dad rolled up the the beads and handed the cross to her.she tore the cross off the beads and tossed it on the table,dad then stood up and started to take off his suit jacket.

Then a man comes around the corner and grabs an iron poker,it was in the shape of a cross.dad took off his tie and unbuttons his shirt,I stared at him in confusion."um what the...?"i was going to ask what was going on but it was like I couldn't,"it's ok sweetie."dad said softly.he turns his chair around and sit on it,he pulls down the back of his shirt,exposing his upper back.i looks towards the fireplace and saw the guy placed the iron poker in there for a few seconds,I stood up."Woah!"i said quickly,I looked at the director."What are you about to do to my dad?"I asked her frantically,"punching his ticket."she replied.she looked at my dad,"With this,Jardani,your ticket is torn."she said to him.

I squeezed my eyes shut and winced as I heard my dad hold back his scream.i opened my eyes and saw the cross mark on one of my dad's tattoos,"take them to the lifeboat."she said to the man still holding the iron poker.she got up,"Dasvidanya."she spat at him.she then walked out,"Dasvidanya."dad said softly.after all of that we were lead to a lifeboat,dad helped me in and then got in himself.as the driver began to drive the life boat it was really quiet,all I could really hear were the calm ocean waves.