Chapter 1

Thalia's pov
I couldn't sleep at all,I missed my mommy.i walked out of my room,clutching onto my bunny plush.i opened my parents room door,mommy's side of the bed was empty.papa looked asleep,but he didn't seem like he was sleeping to me.i slowly climbed into bed,papa immediately turned around and relaxed when he saw me."honey,why are you awake?"he asked,"I couldn't sleep."I lied.he looked at me,tears immediately began to roll down my cheeks."I miss mommy!"I cried,hugging him tightly.he hugged me back,"I miss her too."he admitted.i looked at him,he was actually crying.I've never seen my dad cry before,I sniffed."we're gonna be ok,right?"I asked,he exhaled."Yeah,we're gonna be ok."he said,it didn't sound reassuring but it kinda made me feel ok.

I was very emotional at the funeral,I held my papa's hand tightly.people were offering their condolences and talking to my papa,after the funeral some guy came up to my papa and me.he kinda looked like the joker from those Batman comics I read,I immediately hid behind papa and held onto his leg."why hello there little one."they guy greeted me,i gulped and didn't say anything."why are you here Marcus?"Papa asked the guy,"so the guy's name is Marcus,he must've been friends with my dad."I thought."just here to say hi to an old friend,goodbye John,"Marcus looked at me,"it was nice meeting you little girl."he then walked away."who was that papa?"I asked,he looked at me."just an old friend."he responded,he lifted me up and carried me to the car.

When we got home the house was quiet,too quiet.i didn't like that at all,it made me nervous.as papa placed me on the couch the doorbell rang,"I'll get it,stay here."he told me.I nodded,I decided to play with bunny while he walked to the front door.he came back to the living room holding a cage,i tilted my head."a puppy?who sent us a cute puppy?"I asked as papa placed the cage on the coffee table,he saw a note on top of the cage.he slowly opened it.as he began to read it he cried,I widened my eyes and immediately put two and two together:this is a gift from mommy,"don't cry papa,it's ok."i said as I hugged him.papa opened the cage and took the puppy out,"what's her name?"I asked.

He looked at the collar,"Daisy."he said.I smiled,mommy always loved daisies.in fact,she even told me once that my name was originally going to be Daisy."can I hold her?"I asked,he nodded and gently handed her to me.her fur was soft,i liked that.I giggled as she licked my nose,since i didn't want to sleep in my room tonight daddy let me sleep in his room with Daisy.I lifted her up and placed her beside her on the bed,she climbed on top of my bunny blush,making me giggle.i gently hugged both her and my bunny,papa smiled as he looked at us."goodnight."he whispered,closing the nightstand lamp."good night."I whispered back,yawning as I closed my eyes.