Chapter #3: Ender secrets

Grian stared up at the eyes of the Watcher. dark anger was clouding it's gaze. through the Watcher's portal, He could see the world below. It was plunged into chaos. bits of the universe were broken, shattered by hatred and anger. The Players down below fought each other to the death. there was a fire of hate burning in their hearts. Everything was broken. 

"You really thought you could stop this?"

The Watcher's voice was cold. It sent chills deep into the core of his bones. Grian didn't know what to say. Everything he had ever known was falling apart in front of him.

"Nobody will ever trust you again, Grian. You've only made things worse."

The words felt like they were slicing into the core of his heart. He had only done what he thought was best.... How could he have known the spell would lead to this?

He could feel the pull of the Watcher. It's hands seemed to grab around his soul, dragging him closer and closer.

"We need to end this."

He didn't know what those words meant, but he didn't want to find out. he pulled away from the Watcher, and ran away from it, as fast as he could. His feet seemed to drag into the milky ground made of stars. He reached out for the overworld, trying to connect his soul with the land below, and escape the End. He felt the tug of the trees and the grass, swirling together with the broken magic of which he had unleashed.

This was all his fault. But he had to make things right. He was halfway between the worlds. He was so panicked, it was hard to concentrate on his teleportation. And the static that closed in around everything made it hard to focus. He was almost there... he could almost feel solid ground again. he saw figures standing in front of him. Pearl... Martyn... Jimmy... Taurtis...

They were all looking at him. But there was no glimpse of  comfort or relief in their gazes. Instead they looked at him with anger and betrayal. Their eyes were hollow with regret. 

Grian's breath caught in his throat. He tried to say something, but No words could escape his mouth.

He took a step forward, But then, something forced him back. he felt his soul leave the overworld, and he was dragged back to the End. Gasping from shock and panic, he stared up at the eyes of the Watcher. the angry energy that gripped his soul was too much... The Watcher's face was distorted into an unnatural purple grin. "You can't escape."

Grian didn't know what to do. He was blinding by sheer dread and fear. It felt like there was a weight dragging him down. He had never meant for any of this...

But now it was too late. There was nothing he could do anymore...

Suddenly, Grian bolted awake.

A day later....

Grian stared up at the white concrete ceiling. It had been an exhausting couple of days. After his fall into the ocean near Mumbo's base, he had flown home and began working on his own base. Mumbo had seemed really worried about him before he had left, but Grian had assured him he was alright, even if it wasn't really the truth. The Vision and the Nightmare he had was stuck to the front of his mind like glue. He had been working on his base nonstop, the tall circular glass tower was already coming along how he had envisioned. He had made a lot of progress, it was hard to truly focus and enjoy it.

The winged Hermit still felt proud, but it there was sort of an empty feeling as well. He hadn't slept for days, so he thought that he might try to have a small rest before he went back to work, but it was almost impossible to sleep. He was scared that if he slept, he would have another Nightmare about the Watchers. He just wished that he could forget about them... His brain was on fire, ideas melting together into one large mess. And so he just stared up at the tall ceiling in his bed, not really sure what to do.