Chapter #11: Captured

Scar couldn't remember what had happened. One moment, he had been walking around in his base, the next he was surrounded by darkness. His limbs felt weak and his breath was quick. He was so scared. He had no idea what was going on. then, everything seemed to come into view, and voices reached his ears.

"Hello there, pathetic little player." The voice sounded strange... cold and gravely yet almost mystic and light sounding.

Scar realized that he was in a small dark room. The floor was cold and made of... some sort of strange purplish looking bricks, and one side of the room was a wall made of bars. The bars were a bright pale white. They looked to be made of nothing but pure light. (dangit, I didn't mean to rhyme-) 

"Where am I?" Scar rasped, trying to speak as loud as he could. It felt as though his throat had been clawed out. All of his muscles ached. He was definitely too weak to escape.

Then he noticed the figure standing behind the bars right outside the room, which Scar had already guessed was meant to be some sort of prison cell. 

"that doesn't matter... what does matter is that you're with us now. And there's no escaping." The creature's mouth twisted into a sickening grin. Scar had no idea what species it was. It resembled a human, but with some non-human features, such as wings, horns, and a tail. It also had a white mask covering it's eyes with a strange purple symbol etched into it.

Scar wanted to say something more, but he could barely use his voice. And besides, There were too many things whirling through his mind for him to even think of what to say. He knew that his words held no power against this creature. And so he just sat there in silence, glancing up figure with the white mask.

After a few minutes of Scar not responding, the creature eventually spoke up. "I'm your prison guard for today." It said in it's cold glitched voice, "My name's Xavion."

there was another moment of silence. Scar tried to avoid looking at the creature. He didn't care what it had to say. He wanted nothing more than to escape this prison cell. Why had it trapped him here in the first place?

He leaned back against the cold stone-like wall. Maybe he could try to escape when he had a little more strength. 

More time passed by. Scar wasn't sure exactly how long, but it was probably somewhere around a few hours. The Guard mostly just stood there and walked around a little bit. It only spoke when it was slipping a small plate of food through the cell bars.

"What is this?" Scar asked, looking down at the round purplish gray objects on the plate.

"Void nuggets" The Guard replied, "there one of the only few Watcher foods that's safe for normal humans to eat."

Scar was glad that whoever these things were were at least giving him something to eat. clearly they still wanted to keep him alive. If they wanted to kill him, they most likely would've done so by now. 

Scar bit into one of the cold Void nuggets. He was hit with a wave of longing for his old home back at Hermitcraft. All of his friends were probably worried about him, wondering where he was. He couldn't escape yet, But he knew that he would have to break free eventually... But even if he did break out of the prison cell, Then where next? Where was he? How would he even get home?

All of the answers seemed to unclear.

~meanwhile~

Cam was trying to control their panicked breath and pounding heart as they walked down the hall. The large body of Cyuen walked next to them, making sure that they didn't try to run and escape again. Cam kept thinking about it, but they knew that there was no out running Cyuen. And so they just kept walking along by his side, trying to hide their fear the best they could.

They had no idea what the Watcher council would do with them, but they knew it was something bad. What had they been thinking?

Did they actually think that they could manage to escape the Watchers? Of course not!!

Their legs shook as they walked into the room.