Prologue

Grian glanced for a moment at the faces of everyone around him, all glued to the portal in front of them. He stared back down at it, gaze fixed on the never-ending pattern of swirling stars. It was like staring into a thousand galaxies. He felt a tug unlike anything he had felt before. A deep desire to reach down and plunge into the depths of the portal. He wanted to wrap his soul in the starry abyss. It looked so cold and strange, yet at its core, as comforting as if he had known it his whole life. He looked up at the familiar faces of his friends. He didn't know it at the time, but this would be the last he would ever see any of them. Pearl, Martyn, Taurtis, and so many others that he had come to know as his family. This was where he belonged. They all nodded at each other. Someone grabbed the egg from the center, and one by one, they all stepped into the portal. A sense of happiness and comfort was the last thing Grian felt before he was pulled away in the land of swirling stars.

This feeling was familiar.

It was as if he had felt it before. It was as If he had known it all his life.

He remembered hearing before about the experience of traveling from the end to the overworld. It was different than traveling from the overworld to the end. Supposedly you could hear voices. The End Credits, most players called them. Grian and the rest of Evo thought the voices to be from the Watchers, the beings that watched over the server, and guided the plays to the next version of their world. The Watchers had been there ever since they had come to the new land. But Grian didn't hear the Watchers. It was all just silence as he floated through the void. confusion and a hint of fear began to sink in, but just as he imagined the idea that he could be stuck floating forever, He felt a hand on his shoulder. In shock and alarm, he jumped, quickly darting his head behind him and nearly stumbling over as he let out a small yelp. His gaze instantly darted upwards at the face of the creature. 

Grian didn't know what he was looking at. it seemed to be made of almost nothing but a soft white outline, yet at the same time it looked so vivid and so real. Across it's face was a mask that covered it's eyes, embedded with a purple Evo symbol, contrasting brightly against the dark background of the void. 

Grian wanted to say something but his words were stuck. He didn't know what was going on.

and that's when the realization hit him. It was a Watcher.

In confusion and fear, he stumbled forward, trying to get away from the Watcher. Why was it here? Why was he here? What did it want from him? 

He wanted to run away, but the Watcher stopped him.

"It's ok. don't be afraid of me."

Grian didn't really know how to describe the way it's voice sounded. It was scratchy and broken yet angelic and beautiful at the same time. He didn't say a word.

"You're here for a reason."

"...what do you mean...?"

"You were never meant to be there among them...

...You were only ever meant to be with us. But It's ok. you are here now."

He didn't know what to say. Time felt Frozen. He could only stare up at the glowing purple symbol on the Watcher's mask.

"You are a Watcher now, Xelqua. The way you should've always been."

Xelqua... Why did that name feel so familiar...?

before Grian could react, the Watcher took him by the hand, and he felt the void dissolve around him. The Watcher was taking him somewhere. He had no idea where, but he was about to find out. He felt deep inside of him that this was going to be the end of something he had loved and called home for so long... and yet somehow he knew that this was only the beginning.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lil bit of info before you begin reading:

this is my first time writing something like this so plz be nice, even though I know it will probably suck. 

 there will be no shipping

 I don't really know a lot of the Hermits personalities very well... the only three Hermits I watch are Grian, Mumbo, and Scar.

I'm not 100% set on the name "Enderlight" for this AU, so If you have any better names, please give me some suggestions.

I'm writing this mostly for my own pleasure, and for anyone else who happens to enjoy it as well. I just want to have fun with this. 

I won't have a proper upload schedule for each chapter It's gonna be VERY inconsistent.

And with all that said, I hope you enjoy.