Chapter #7: I'm Including my own OCs now I guess.

Cam glanced around the hallway, their pale hand pressed against the cold Voidstone, and their bright orange flame-colored hair covered half of their Watcher mask. They couldn't see anyone around them, yet their heart pounded in their chest, and their limbs were shaky with anxiety. They wanted to escape... If only for a little while. There was a Watcher gathering happening then, and even the guards that were normally in the Void fortress were at the meeting. It was something rather important they had heard. Part of them wanted to stay in case their was any key information they may have wanted to know, but It was unlikely.

Normally, If it was something relating to the topic Cam wanted to know, the Higher ranking Watchers would have a meeting in private. So missing this meeting was definitely worth it. When their roommate had asked Cam why they weren't coming to the meeting, Cam had just claimed that they weren't feeling well.

Luckily, their roommate, Zenyo, had believed them, and let Cam stay in their room while he went off to the gathering like most of the other Watchers. Cam had then waited till they couldn't here any other voices out in the hall, and slowly crept out of the room, and down the labyrinth of hallways in the Void fortress. 

There was a reason that Cam wanted to leave so badly.

It had all started a few months ago. back then, there had been rumors spreading like wildfire that a Watcher by the name of Xelqua was a traitor, and had managed to escape. The Higher ranking council had clearly tried their best to conceal this from the everyone else, but whatever they had been trying had clearly not worked. The news had spread to everyone. And there were so many people who were angry. Xelqua in particular had never exactly had a very good reputation before the incident. He was often rumored about to be "Too nice" or "not like the other Watchers". He always seemed to "soft" by Watcher standards, never having the same burning passion of destruction and chaos that other Watchers did.

don't get them wrong- It wasn't like he was completely innocent. In fact, he was more of a trouble maker than most other Watchers. Yet, his pranks were always more light-hearted and silly, and he never wanted to hurt anyone.

But amongst the Watchers, such kindness was not very well received. All Watchers where taught from the start to be cruel and dictating. Such traits where what ran their society. Their dominance is what allowed them to have power. The Watchers were amongst the most highest ranking beings in the universe.  It was their sense of authority, order, and power that kept it that way. But Xelqua had never believed in that.

Yet, most of the people who knew him hadn't expected he would try to run away.

And the Higher ranking Watchers were furious. Sure, He had escaped, but not for long. The Watchers tracked him down. And they found him. from there, nobody really knew what had happened.. but he was never heard from again.

Zenyo, Who, as Cam said before, was their roommate, hadn't been born as a Watcher. He had actually joined the Watchers only a few weeks after the incident happened, and never really found out about it. When he had first joined, he had always seemed to have a negative aura to him. He was always upset or angry about something, but Cam had never known what. They could sorta understand. Maybe Zen was angry that he had to leave his home, wherever that had been. Cam had also felt longing in his aura, and They could've sworn they heard him mutter the name, "Grian", whoever that was.

Anyways, Cam could've gone on forever talking about their dark-haired roommate and the story of Xelqua,  but they needed to focus on their mission. They had always shared similar beliefs to Xelqua. They never liked the Watcher's "structred", "disciplined", and "orderly" society. They had always agreed that the Watchers were mean and cruel. And yet, unlike Xelqua, Cam had been born as a Watcher. They had grown up here, in this Void fortress. They had spent their whole life living around this cruelty. The wanted to be free.