Chapter Fourteen

Lorcan decided, as they walked, that he'd do everything in his power to ensure they shared the same bed that night. After one night of sleeping wedged against her, he knew it was something he wouldn't be coming back from. Inhibition be damned, hewanted to see where things were going with his mate. How well they clicked.After one night of sleeping wedged against her, he knew it was something hewouldn't be coming back from.

He had a taste of his mate now. To go without it would be like coming off of a drug. Evette was the finest ofdrugs. The most expensive.

He walked her over to her bedroom, only giving her time to drop her duffel bag inside before he dragged her back out again. Carrying her bag of herbs, he led her from upstairs down to the kitchen.

In there, they spread them out across the counter in an organised fashion and set about getting started.

For the first time, Lorcan was going to see her in action. His fear of magic andwitches hit an all time high— but God, he might just die if he didn't get tosee this woman in action.

"So what do I do?"

He grabbed her a mixing bowl from one of the cupboards.

"I'll talk you through it."

He hurried to grab a pestle and mortar.

"What does this potion do?"

"Tomorrow, you'll make me drink it."

"I'll make you?"

"You're going to have to. I'm not going to want to drink it. As the moon gets higher, I'll remember what it does and rebel."

"And bite."

He stunned her with aflirty wink. "If you're lucky."

Her eyes narrowed, seeing through him. "So what does it do then?"

"It'll knock me out. The effects don't work instantly, but the silver will hold me till then. The silver will slow down my healing process. The potion will slow everything else down inside me."

"Why can't you make it yourself?"

He pulled a face. "Different species, remember? Your energy can activate these things. My energy can't."

She muttered a quiet 'figures'.

Naturally, the werewolves all had a witch's potion memorised. She decided not to think about how they went about obtaining it. If it needed a witch's power to activate it, then she dreaded to think of what her comrades had been through before his people had put them to death.

She began crushing herbs, still listening. She looked to be in her element, taking everything slowly. She'd been out of practice for too long.

"Would it be so bad if you just went to your mate?" She asked. "Surely you can't wreck anything. If your mate's in another world, what's the worst that can happen? Assuming the only way you can get to her is by reaching the Scottish portal, I'd say you'd have the night to run after it before the sun wakes you up again. I'd still be locked in here so you could return to your little prisoner, no trouble."

She really had no idea.

It'd make telling her- which he'd doubtlessly have to do eventually- that little bit harder.

His throat itched to say it now. To spit the truth out and come clean. Only telling her something like that could be detrimental this close to the full moon. Win her over first.

Right, and uh, how did one go about doing that?

Lorcan had never had to woo a woman before— no less a witch. He knew little of her culture, her background, her anything. Maybe he'd stand a chance with a werewolf woman. Evette was an entirely different kettle of fish.