Chapter Forty-Eight

A week after the attack of the warlocks, Evie decided she'd had enough of sitting around. She decided this in bed- of course- with a werewolf languidly kissing his way down the length of her body. He'd started from the corner of her mouth, down her neck and was now tracing his tongue past her breasts as he pinched her side. Her werewolf was a touchy one.

That was what most of her week had consisted of. After the werewolf had dragged her back to his room, she'd spent most of the week in his bed letting him do with her whatever he pleased.

Evie still felt guilty for leaving. The werewolf was making damn sure she never thought about leaving again.

He was fully dressed, unlike her. Where he got up early to execute Kingly duties whilst she slept, she'd taken to lie ins. He'd figured out her body clock and was always back in time for her to wake.

They'd fallen into a routine relatively fast.

Of course, they still had a full moon to worry about.

"How long is it now?" She asked, the covers pulled up to her waist. Her body was starting to ache for him.

"Three days," He said between kisses. "Three. More. Days." He gave her stomach one last lingering kiss then rolled over to her side. He did that when it was time to talk seriously. "I'm taking you to the mortal realm for that. We'll leave tomorrow and stay at Claudio's cabin. But we'll make a run to the shops first. Whatever herbs you need to make your anti-tracking potion, we'll get that sorted then treat it as a holiday of sorts. We wait out the Territories full moon there then come back. I'm not taking any more chances with any more threats. I'll keep you safe outside of the portal. The first time I claim you can't be the full moon."

They'd been taking things slow. Though Lorcan had a fated bond to her, she didn't physically have one to him. His feelings were bound to develop faster than hers.

Above that, they had plenty to worry about. There was the threat of the witches who were sure to make a grab for Evie soon, especially with Annaliese snapping out the orders. He hadn't gotten around to planning out his approach to that. There was no hiding Evie from the witches with their tracker on her case. And when it came to Annaliese, she wouldn't need to touch him to sever his balls.

Then there were the warlocks. She'd explained everything she knew about them to him. Deeming them his biggest problem right now, Lorcan had pushed that to the forefront of his planning. After that, he'd called for a meeting with Claudio, Caspian and Chronos. Whilst she'd sat at the table playing with her fingers, the men in the room had argued over the best way to take down an army of ridiculously powerful beings.

Lorcan had gotten lucky in the woods. Sure, he was a strong, legendary fighter—but still. Magic fights were rarely ever won by brutal force. They'd been dealing with a small group who'd been stunned by what she was to him. Next time, things wouldn't be as such.

As the men argued, she'd been focusing on biting back the best idea any of them had had. It was the best, but the least 'agreeable'.

They could easily leave things to fate and let the cards fall where they may, though her suggestion would be considerably better.

Unsurprisingly, Evie wasn't so eager to leave the cards to fall where they may where her life was concerned.

The warlocks couldn't be beaten in combat. Their magic kept everyone at a distance. Therefore, the men at the table were useless. Claudio and Caspian could use their fire, but it wasn't sustainable.

To fight magic, they needed magic of their own.

Annaliese would crush an army of warlocks as a pastime. She'd done it before. She'd make their blood boil and explode without having to approach them. That was what they needed. Now, if only these three men could pull their heads out of their asses to negotiate peace.