Chapter 7----- Happiness💕💕

All through the ride in the car my dad kept smiling. We tried to ask what was going on but all he kept saying was 'it's a surprise'.

I checked my surroundings and noticed that we were going in the opposite direction of our house.
Before I could comment, Kofi raised his voice 'Dad, are we going out?'. 'You'll soon find out' was my dad's reply.

I tried to rack my brain to think of any special occasion today and suddenly it hit me. 'Happy wedding anniversary' I shouted eagerly facing my dad. 'oh!' Efua chimed from the back. 'I thought as much' Kofi murmured to himself but I heard. 'Hey, you chicken, so you remembered today and you couldn't give us at least a hint' I glared at him. 'I thought you knew' he shrugged.

Efua smacked his head and I gave her a thumbs up 'aw! that was so cruel of you' Kofi said raising up his hands to retaliate. Before he could take his revenge, dad stopped him 'Kofi, you won't do that right?' my dad asked raising an eyebrow from the front mirror.

Instead of smacking Efua's head, Kofi pulled her in for a hug and smiled. 'Now that's how to show them you're a real man' I heard my dad and rolled my eyes.

'Let me go, you maggot' Efua shouted struggling to get out of what my brother called an hug. 'Feisty now, huh!' Kofi answered in between laughter.

I already knew Kofi would find a way to retaliate. My dad had always taught him never to lay his hands on a lady but rather find other ways to retaliate and this hug of a thing had become his habit.

Anytime Efua or me beat him, he would pull us closer to himself and give us an hug that could crush.
'Yup' Efua replied laying emphasis on the letter 'p' with her voice laced with mischief.

Not long after,I heard Kofi shout 'ew, you don't have to bite'. I looked at my dad and saw a smile plastered on his face and a bright smile found its way to my face.

** ** ** ** ** ** **

The car stopped in front of a cool, sleek and modern grey gate which complemented the concrete walls and floor. The steel grey gate with clean vertical lines provided average coverage, letting outsiders get a peek of the inside. The owners of this house must be very lucky.

My dad got down from the car and moved close to the gate, he pressed a button and I didn't know what else he did as I couldn't see clearly but the gate opened.

I turned my head to the back and locked eyes with my siblings. All of us had a similar look: CURIOSITY. What is going on.

My dad entered the car and did not even spare us a glance as he drove in.
When we entered the house, my bum glued to the seat. The house was so beautiful. A fountain in the middle with lot of flowers round the house.
I looked up to see a storey building staring back at me. But what caught my eyes was a blue van and my mum's car parked beside it.

'Mum is also here' I voiced out. 'Yes,my dear'. 'We better get down'. Efua elbowed Kofi whose mouth was hanging open.

We all got down from the car and dad ushered us in. Immediately we got in, mum's high-pitched voice and the sound of people walking around welcomed us. 'What about my kitchen' mum yelled at a man putting on a blue vest with something printed at the back.

'Under control ma' the man replied without looking back.
'Welcome home love' my mum squealed when she spotted us and immediately ran to my dad to give him a tight hug as if they didn't see each other this morning.

My dad responded to the hug by lifting her up and twirling her around. I swear, these people behave like newlyweds.

'We are still alive mum' Efua stated sarcastically. 'Oh shut up and come over here my cupcakes'. My mum got closer and opened her arms wide waiting for an hug from us and I did what I thought was best; I winked at my siblings and we rushed to her and started tickling her. 'Hey! no food for you this night' she said in between laughter 'No mum, you love us' I chuckled still tickling her.

We stopped tickling her and shouted at the same time gesturing to the house 'Tell us this is not what we are thinking' 'Of course, this is our new home' she smiled and pulled us in for a bone crushing hug.
Oh! How I love this family😍😍😍😍

Author's note
Next chapter is coming very soon.
Don't forget to click on that star down there and also comment. Thank you..... Much love..... Muah💋💋❣️