Chapter 4------- Resumption

Time ticks really fast and resumption is fast approaching. Up till now, I have not heard anything from Angel. The last time I went to her house, I wasn't impressed at all. Her mum who used to be nice did not act nice at all. I wonder what happened to her but I acted as if it was nothing, thinking she was in a bad mood.

Now that we are about to resume, I can not help but think that something is wrong in that family. Angel has never travelled anywhere without giving me a proper goodbye or even calling to check up on me. But this holiday was different. She never called and this was already making me worry.

I got downstairs to see my mum and siblings checking out school bags. 'So you won't call me if I didn't come downstairs' I confronted them folding my hands.

'We were about to call you' Efua replied without taking her eyes off the new school bag. Well, every new session, my mum buys new bags, shoes and necessary materials needed for school.

She got me a new bag, a black baby shoe, white sneakers, stockings, mathematical set, pen and so many things.

When I saw everything, my mind drifted from Angel's issue for the main time and focused on how my senior year would be.
I couldn't help but feel eager to resume. School don set...their father.

** ** ** ** ** ** ** **

The day of resumption came really fast and here I am in my mum's car together with my siblings on our way to school. My dad was called for an early morning surgery so he had to rush to the hospital even before we woke up. I can't help but feel a little nervous. I know that the students I would be meeting in my new class are mostly my former classmates, but most of them have changed schools and we are expecting new students. I don't know those I would meet and to make matters worse, Angel wasn't by my side. But being the strong girl I am; nobody can hurt me without my permission. Impossican't.

I was one of the students that got to school early in my class. My mum dropped us around 7:15am. She gave us 200 naira each and we were aware that once we got home, we had to explain how we spent the money.

If it were to be my dad that took us to school, he would have given us more than that and we would not even need to explain how it was spent. Oh! Times like this I prefer going in dad's car. That man is a darling.

We got into the school after showing the principal our teller indicating that we have fully paid our school fees.

I went to my class and settled down. I saw many of my former classmates and replied to their greetings. Many of them were in groups and were talking about how they spent their holiday. I just sat on my chair playing with the rubber band on my hand forming bicycle, basket, letter X and all sort of rubbish I could form. How I wish Angel was here😥. I really miss her. I was not really the type to talk and people's impression about me was far from fascinating.

While many think I am just a snub who thinks only about herself, others think I am a nerd who cares less about everything around me. Can I actually blame them? Not at all. They just do not understand the type of person I am who prefers to keep to herself most of the time and finds it hard to start or even continue a conversation.

Actually, the most wonderful thing about me is that once we become close, just believe you are in trouble because the way I would frustrate you even I don't know which planet I learnt it from. Oh lord, could they ring the bell for assembly already!

As if the Lord heard what I said, I heard the bell for assembly.
We all went to the assembly and everything went according to procedure. There were also so many new students and I noticed that there were more boys than girls.

I got to class and was surprised to see another bag in my seat. As if that wasn't enough, I looked down to see my bag on the floor. To say I was angry was an understatement. I was still trying to think of how some people have taken it upon themselves to be nothing but a 'brave brainless brat'.

Yeah, I said brave because whoever this person may be was brave enough to actually throw my bag away. Aside from the fact that it was even my bag, this person really needs yabbing. Jeez! Me and my stupid short temper.

Cutting me out of my chain of thought was the voice I guess belonged to the brainless brat. 'How may I help you' like seriously, is he kidding me. 'Are you seriou......' I couldn't finish my statement when my eyes landed on him.

Author's note.
How was this chapter. Hope you are enjoying this story already...
What do you think will happen in the next chapter...
Who do you think is this brat Let's wait and see.
Thanks for reading ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️