Chapter 17-------All this while.

On getting to school the following day, I met the most embarrassing and worst day of my entire life.

Till I entered my class, all eyes were on me. I wondered what they were talking about. Girls and boys, both seniors and juniors were boring holes into my body. I couldn't understand why they were all looking at me and laughing as if I had something on my body.

I checked my body to see if I had a stain or there was something on my hair or uniform or anywhere, but everything was clean.

Then I heard some of the junior girls pointing at me and laughing. They even said all sort of things like 'Isn't that the girl... yeah that girl ...yeeesss... can you imagine...look at her... she's not even that fine..'.

I couldn't understand what they were saying but one thing sank into my head...'na ashawo be that'..

I quickly rushed to the class and went to Mide's seat to ask her what was going on but immediately I got to her she stood up and smiled at me...her smile didn't look genuine tho.. She took me to the front of the class and before I could comprehend what was happening, the whole class erupted into laughter.

'Class...meet Miss perfect and the latest low-key green snake under green grass' Mide chuckled devilishly.

I was totally puzzled. I looked at Mide with a questioning look and she mouthed the word "bitch" then went to some girls and started laughing and clapping. I couldn't even move an inch from where I was. Series of questions filled my mind.

Slowly and cautiously I walked to my seat without uttering a single word. I caught a glimpse of Farida and she already had tears in her eyes, then suddenly everything clicked...Jerry...Mide and Farida's argument...Farida might know something.

I stood up not minding the hot stares I was getting, went to Farida's seat and pulled her outside.

I took her to the front of an empty class and we both sat down then she bursted into tears.. I didn't know what to do because well... who is supposed to be crying who is crying..

I tried hugging her but she pushed me back and said in between crying 'I don't deserve your hug. Please forgive me'.

At that time I was still trying to wrap my head around what Mide did and said in front of the class.

'Ok fine, just tell me everything I don't know' I yelled at her.

She wiped her tears and started apologizing again making me irritated.

'Just stop apologizing and tell me what is going on'. This time my voice was a bit high.

'I should have warned you immediately I knew about it but I was blackmailed' Farida started.

'You're not on the school group right?' she asked me.

'Which school group are you talking about' I raised my brows quizzically.

'Are you for real?' she looked at me as if it was a sin if I didn't know what she's talking about.

'Anyways, that's not the priority for now. They posted something this morning about you and it's not good at all'. She dipped her hand into the pocket of her school skirt and looked left and right before bringing out a techno spark 4.

'Farid-aaa' I whisper-yelled looking left and right.

'Shhhh' she placed her index finger on my lips. 'I know we can be suspended if we're caught using phone in the school but I really need to show you this.'

I responded by nodding my head in the affirmative after which she unlocked her phone and went to Whatsapp. She clicked on a group and scrolled to where the discussion started from and the pictures I saw made tears well up in my eyes.

There I was at the back of the music room in Jerry's arms. His face and neck was covered with a big laughing emoji.

As if that was not enough, the comments under it almost made my heart stop. Never would I ever imagine being in this kind of situation in my entire life.

I couldn't even bring myself to check the remaining pictures. Tears already found their way to my already glossy eyes and I allowed the tears to flow freely down my cheeks then more tears continued to flow until I was sobbing and shaking vigorously.

I admit I was trying to play "hard girl doesn't cry" but at that moment I couldn't think of anything than to cry it all out. It was a painful experience I hope I'd eventually forget if at all I'm able to.

Farida was trying to support my body that had already gone limp as a result of the endless tears. She hugged me and was saying soothing words to my ears...

My mind drifted to what happened in class with Mide and I couldn't understand why or what I had done to her or anybody to be embarrassed as such and labelled the epitome of disgrace.

The only question I was screaming in my head was Why? Why? Why?....

Author's note.
I am deeply sorry for not updating for so long.
A lot of things has been going on for me.
I've been working on this chapter for a while now and it was really hard and sad writing this for our dear Bukky.
What do you think is the reason Mide did what she did?
Do you think Bukky deserved it?
What do you think about Farida and Jerry?
What are your expectations in the next chapter?

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.
I'm trying to work on my update schedule.
Very soon, update time would be fixed..
I love you all🥰 including silent readers🥴

Next chapter is coming soon.. y'all would be surprised 🌝