Chapter 9------ New house

'Bukky stop staring at those pictures and pack your loads to the bus'. My mum yelled.

The house has been so busy since 6 this morning. Everyone has been running up and down, packing and carrying one thing or the other.

I carried my blue bag and went outside and my mind drifted to my best friend once again.

I have tried my best to find out what happened to Angel but all my efforts proved abortive and right now I am fed up. How will someone just disappear suddenly without even informing her best friend.

I guess I was the one that considered her my best friend and she did not even think of me as one.... But deep down, I knew something was not right. There has to be a reason why she left without a word. Perhaps, I should not have gotten angry that day, we could have probably talked about it, but then she's gone and I'll have to wait until she returns if at all she would🤕🤕.

** ** ** ** ** ** **

By the end of the day, I was exhausted. I underestimated the stress in relocating. It drained my energy to the extent that I could not even go downstairs for dinner.

'Bukky' I heard my name and looked up to see Efua with a tray in her hand. I quickly went to assist her in putting down the tray.

To say I was surprised was an understatement...Efua brought my food to the room.... That girl could not have willingly brought my food... she is as stubborn as anything.

'Mum asked me to bring your food upstairs and she said you must take your bath and come downstairs for devotion' saying that, she left the room shutting the door angrily......see🤷I said it..that girl can never be nice for once...

Ignoring her whatever attitude I checked what was on the tray and licked my lips. 'God bless this woman'. Dinner was Semolina with correct efo riro (Vegetable soup) garnished with crayfish and ponmo (Cow skin) with a very fat fish sitting idly at the center of the vegetable soup. Beside it was an orange fruit drink in a medium-sized glass cup...... And this is what I call a complete definition of BALANCED DIET..😋😋

To think that my mum could cook such a delicious-looking food despite all of today's stress....gosh! She's a real chef.

I took my time and devoured the whole of the food before I packed my plates downstairs to wash so that my mum would not chew off my head the next day.

My mum always made sure we washed our plates immediately after eating. She hates seeing piled up plates early in the morning.

I got downstairs and met everyone settled on the chair. Oh...😯devotion.. I thought they would have done it without me but I guess I was wrong.

I went to the kitchen, washed my plate and hurried to the sitting room. Before I could sit down my mum talked 'Go and take your bath, we'll wait for you'. My mum can be extra sometimes....🤷 Why does she have to remind me. I had wanted to skip bathing. She knew if we should do the devotion without me bathing, that would be all for the night.

'Just go and take your bath already' Kofi hissed already frustrated. It was so obvious that he was trying his best to stay awake. Efua on the other hand had dozed off, her head bent like a cane that had been soaked in water for days...poor little thing.... I held my laughter and quickly ran upstairs before I ended up laughing out loud.

I had a very fast shower and wore my pink pajamas with a matching fluffy slippers.

I got downstairs and we had a short devotion with my mum constantly pinching and glaring at the twins..

After the devotion, my dad reminded us of the next day's service and he also mentioned something about waking up early. I wasn't able to listen properly as I was already dozing.

There are two things I don't joke with in my entire life. FOOD AND SLEEP. An hungry me is an angry me .....and when I am sleeping, I am not to be disturbed..... Watch out!😡😡

Author's note
Happy new year to you all. Wishing you happiness and sound health in this new year.......
Next chapter is coming very soon... Y'all would be surprised😍😍