Chapter 14-----We need to talk 2 😎😎

'Bukky'

'Yes mum'

'I believe we are both gist partners and we tell each other everything right?'

I nodded my head still trying to think of why she's suddenly asking me that.

'I know you don't lie but I want you to promise me one thing my darling'.

Okay....this is actually coming strong....

'What's that' I replied nevertheless.

'Promise me that you'll tell me the truth and the truth only no matter what I ask you'

'Sure' I answered again without thinking about what she said.

'Bukky, do you have a boyfriend?'. She dropped the bomb as if she knew and was trying to confirm.

I went silent at first. I didn't know what to say. I didn't know how she'd react. My head immediately went down automatically. Sweat covered my hands and face and I started fidgeting with the hem of my skirt.

She used her hands to raise up my chin and looked into my eyes. 'You don't have to be scared to talk to me. Or are we not gist partners again?'

'I... I .. aaarmm...'.  'Shhhhhh'. She placed her finger on my mouth.

'You don't have to stammer. I know...' she stood up and headed to the balcony and I followed suit.

When we got to the balcony, fresh air hit my body and I shuddered at the feeling.

My mum rested her hands on the railings and continued talking...'You felt it right?'. She was talking about the fresh air.

' Yes'

'That's how love is....it hits you very hard when you least expect'.

So this was what she was trying to explain.

She continued 'Before I go on, let me recite a poem for you. I learnt it when I was your age and it has really helped'. She paused and looked at me before continuing again.

'Love, what people want to have
To make them lovely
Love, an enthusiasm for
What people truly seek
Love, which is too much
You don't know what it might lead to
Love, what can make you go down or make you fall
Love, which makes you romp and pomp
Someday you might fall into it
Love, a distance which you have to reach
Without it life doesn't go well
Love, leave it for the future
Then you'll have got intellect....'

'Did you hear the last two parts?'

'I did'

'Good. I want you to know that being in a relationship is not a sin or a problem but the main issue here is that can you deal with it...it takes two matured minds to be in a relationship...are you really ready for this?'. She paused and stared at me closely.

'How old are you again?' she asked as if she didn't know my age.

'Fifteen next month' I snorted with a smile on my face and earned a gasp from her.

'My baby is growing' she giggled again, but before one could say "Jack Robinson" she changed her tone to a serious one. This woman ehn...

'That aside, that doesn't mean I support you having a boyfriend at this age. You are no longer a baby but you are still my baby and I really think you are still too small to have a boyfriend'. She walked to the only chair in the balcony and sat, then patted the space beside her for me to sit.

I sat down and she picked up from where she stopped 'Bukky, you are an adolescent who is still undergoing puberty. At this stage your body surely has needs. Don't give me that face' she flicked my forehead.

'Owww... What look?' I asked while massaging the spot she just flicked. Gosh...what kind of exercise does this woman do... her fingers are too strong for my little forehead.

'Like you don't know what I'm saying'

'Nope' I stated, popping the "p" with a smug look on my face.

'Just like your dad...so clever'

'I actually don't know what you're talking about' I continued my pretence.

'Bukky stop it'

'Yes ma'am' I saluted.

'I'm sure I've told you when you started your menstruation that you should be careful of the way you move close to boys. I'm not a type of mother that'll tell you the old version story that when a boy touches you you'll get pregnant'. We both started laughing.

'I'm sure you know what sex is and the implications of having it with the wrong person at the wrong time'.

'Yes mum'. This time I fixed my gaze on her.

'Bukky, I don't want you to hurt yourself with something that is not necessary. You need to think carefully. You're in sss1 and this is the time for you to start laying your foundation. You said you wanted to be a Surgeon like your Dad right?'

I nodded my head.

'This is the time for you to face your education. Don't allow any thing to distract you at all. The reason why your dad and I decided not get you guys phones like you requested is to avoid any type of distraction. Many youths nowadays have gotten it all wrong just because of this device. We want the best for you and we want you to make us proud and I hope you will'

'Don't worry mum, we'll surely make you proud. I love you mum'. She pulled me in for a hug only for her to pull out after a minute like she remembered something.

'So.... back to the lucky boy'. She arched her eyebrows in a funny way.

This woman...I thought we're done with this....

'Is he handsome....fair...tall..?' She asked suggestively.

'Mum!...' I covered my face in embarrassment.

'You know you can talk to me'

'I thought you said I'm not supposed to have a boyfriend'

'Yeah and that doesn't change...I just want to know who has been lying to my girl'

This woman and the way she changes her tone from being serious to another thing entirely..........wait..did she just say lying.....

Author's note

I kept my promise...
Don't forget to vote, comment and share to your friends....
One more update for today 💃💃💃💃

@inioluwa