Dungeon Valefor

Hello I have returned! As usual things have been crazy in the world of the living and I couldn't be happier to return to the digital realm. SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT at the end of the chapter.

Hope you enjoy!

........................................................................................

The dungeon may have appeared different but just as in Beleth's, Sakura was overwhelmed by a pillar of light that grabbed hold and drew her forward with a force she couldn't resist. The handling was just the same as before, but there was now smothering heat pushing down with her as time passed.

"You alright?" Sinbad asked, holding out his hand for her, only to be rejected when she stood on her own to take in the dungeon.

It was like a cave of enchantment, with water flowing from the walls and pooling on the floor like the crystal liquid of an aqua gem. Decorated with rainbow-colored shells and coral, vibrantly pasted on the walls and sitting in the water like plants wanting to bloom with beauty. Despite its icy location, the air was tepid. And then there was the butterfly' splashed with a combination of colors she had never seen before. They were creatures that didn't normally belong in a space like this, and yet seemed to be thriving.

"Sinbad, are you seeing this?" Sakura followed one of the fluttering creatures through an entrance way further down.

"It's different from Baal's dungeon, there was a hoard of dragon's attacking an army of soldiers," He smiled for a moment but his eyes remained firm, "Don't let your guard down though, this is still a dungeon, and stay close,"

Sakura frowned, walking past Sinbad and down to a passageway leading to a door on the other side. "I'm aware of what this place is capable of and I don't need protecting,"

"I'm just-whoa!" Sinbad stepped onto the platform but began sliding along the floor towards a whole centered on the path. He was trying to get a grip of the floor but there was no friction.

"Careful!" Sakura had quickly caught up to him and grabbed Sinbad before he fell off the edge. As a ninja, she had outstanding mobility and balance, as well as using chakra on the floor the same way she would use it to stand horizontal on a tree.

"What were you saying?" Sakura smirked, glancing over the edge of the drop as they circled it. Had either of them fallen it they would've been met with piles of ice waiting to impale.

"SOMEBODY HELP"

The scream that echoed through the cave, made them sprint to the source realizing who the voice belonged to. On the other side, there was a clump covered by a blanket of wings, and it was screaming in pain.

"Hinahoho!" She reached out, but Sinbad held his arm out in front of her, drawing his sword as he told her to stand back. The eight-pointed star illuminating against the metal, sparks growing and then striking at the clump that was Hinahoho and the carnivorous butterflies. The sound of lightning was like birds screeching. And the hefty smell of burnt flesh filled the air.

Sakura inspected Hinahoho's injuries, his body wasn't too badly injured from the lightning attack but there was smoke coming off of him. "That was a bit over the top,"

"He was being eaten alive, I had to act quickly," Sinbad argued.

She placed a hand over the Imuchakk's chest, chakra flowing through and healing the external injuries. Sinbad's stare was like a light jab in the side of her head she couldn't ignore.

"What is it?"

"That healing ability is just amazing," Sakura turned away from his bright smile. Despite being hit with a glimmer of pride for the compliment.