Sakura in Artemyra

HELLO FANTASTICAL READERS!

THE DJINNS OF MAGI OFFER YOU A HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I hope this and my other stories bring you lots of joy as we exit the month of October!

Sakura stood her ground before the magnificent palace, her eyes shimmering with determination and anticipation. Every fiber of her being was attuned to the queen's presence as if a symphony of fate was about to unfold. With a quiet exhale, Sakura allowed her body to relax, preparing herself for the inevitable challenge that awaited her. The condition laid before her was clear—to prove her worth to the queen.

"I have long desired to test my abilities against another conqueror of dungeons," Queen Mira proclaimed, a glimmer of excitement dancing in her eyes. "It would be foolish of me to pass up this opportunity."

Sakura nodded, acknowledging the queen's sentiment. "Very well, in the spirit of fairness, I'll use only one djinn—"

"By all means, unleash them all," interrupted Mira with a hint of mischief.

Sakura's eyes widened in surprise. "Huh?"

"I crave a battle, a clash that reveals your true worth. Do not hold back," commanded the queen with unwavering resolve. "Is that understood?"

A smirk graced Sakura's lips this time, her confidence surfacing. "Certainly... 'OH SPIRIT OF STRENGTH AND DISCORD, HEED MY CALL; USE MY MAGOI AND GRANT ME POWER TO DESTROY MY ENEMY; BELETH.'"

Queen Mira observed with a sly grin as Sakura transformed, shrouded in the embrace of black flames that dared not harm her. Impressed by the display, Mira knew that her turn had come. Raising her staff, she began an incantation, her words resonating with power. "My servant of sternness and fascination, take shelter within me. Transform my body into that of a great Magnus. CERBERUS."

As Mira completed her invocation, the queen's djinn, Cerberus, materialized, bestowing upon her two golden statuesque figures flanking her, mirroring her regal visage. Adorned in a long white fabric that gracefully enveloped her waist, accompanied by golden armor that accentuated her breasts, the transformation of her staff and the ethereal gold ring hovering above her head completed the spectacle.

After a momentary gaze, each assessing the other's form, they took to the skies, soaring above the enchanting realm of Artemyra. The queen's widened grin signaled her intent, and with a swift swing of her staff, she initiated the first attack. Sakura swiftly evaded the strike, deftly maneuvering through the air. Responding in kind, Sakura countered with a barrage of flames directed at the Artemyra queen.

Yet, just as Sakura's fiery assault seemed poised to hit its mark, Mira shifted her shoulder, aligning the golden statue with the oncoming flames. "Bararaq."

Sakura gasped as lightning erupted from the mouth of the statue, effortlessly neutralizing her attack. It was a surprising revelation, as Sakura now understood that the queen's djinn held command over the element of lightning. Memories of her sparring sessions with Sinbad flickered in Sakura's mind, as she recognized the similarities in power between the two djinns.

"Your Highness, your djinn wields the power of lightning," Sakura remarked.

Mira's smirk deepened, "Indeed, it does. And now, you shall feel its power. BARARAQ."

Frowning, Sakura swiftly retreated, dodging the imminent blast. It became clear that engaging in a battle of mutually canceled attacks would yield no fruitful outcome. Sakura realized that her flames would be ineffective if the pattern persisted. Thus, she focused on evading the lightning that relentlessly pursued her through the skies. Below, a multitude of spectators, the women of Artemyra, gazed upward in complete silence, their attention fully captivated by the spectacle of battle unfolding above them.