03. Nice To Meet You

Tommy's POV:

A new day, a fresh start, today Tommy was confident he would talk to Lilith. Turns out, Wilbur didn't give the best advice for Tommy's situation. Lilith wasn't in any of his other classes, so he would only see her in period 1 and lunch. Any other thing Tommy had learned is that Lilith liked to be alone. At lunch, she said goodbye to Freddie and sat at a table in the corner reading. Today, he would introduce himself to her.

Tommy made it to school and sat at his desk. Lilith wasn't here yet, so he went on Twitter while he waited. The first post was from LilacDemon.

Lilac @lilacdemon

Talking to people is tiring :/

💬 262 🔄 78 🤍 12.4K

Tommy liked her tweet and kept scrolling. Lilac seemed like a nice girl. Obviously, Tommy had put on his "TommyInnit" persona to talk to her, but he was sure she knew he wasn't actually like that in real life. If she didn't, she would figure it out soon enough.

A few minutes later, Tommy saw Lilith walk into the class. She looked so cool with her purple hair and cool outfit. She walked over to Freddie with a smile on her face and sat down next to him, two seats away from where Tommy was. Two chairs separating them. Two seats away was a girl he wanted to be friends with. Tommy put his phone away, got up from his desk, and then the bell rang. Why did this happen to him every time? At least he had lunch with her. He'd try again then.

The class was boring, but at least Tommy got his work done. Lunch couldn't come soon enough. Everyone filed out of the classroom and over to the cafeteria. Like yesterday, Tommy saw Freddie wave goodbye to Lilith and sit at the boy's regular table. Tommy grabbed his food and headed over to join Freddie.

"Hey"

"Hey"

"So it seems like you're getting along well with the new girl, Lilith."

"Yeah, she's really cool. Have you spoken to her yet?"

"Was going to before class, but the bell rang as I was getting up."

"Well, why don't you go talk to her now."

"I don't know, man."

"Tom, she's right over there. Just go introduce yourself."

Tommy sighed. There was no way Freddie was letting him get out of this.

"Fine."

"It'll be fine. She's nice enough."

"What do you mean enough?!"

"Just go"

Freddie pushed Tommy in the direction of her table. Here we go.

He walked in her direction, trying to look as confident as he could. It's not like he liked her or anything. He just didn't want to make a bad impression. After all, the last time he talked to a girl, she told him to go away. It went viral on TikTok. Lilith was reading a book, clearly distracted by it, and had no clue he was standing right there. He just had to speak up.

"Hello"

"Oh, um, hi."

"Um, I'm Tom. I sit on the other side of Freddie in class."

"Oh, nice to meet you. I'm Lilith."

"Nice to meet you too."

Lilith quickly glanced behind him and laughed

"What"

"Nothing, just Freddie gave you a thumbs up. Were you nervous to talk to me or something?"

"Well, I mean you are American-"

She didn't laugh

"That-that was a joke."

"Yeah, not a great one but good try."

"Anyways, um, I like your hair."

"Oh, thanks, I've always kept it kinda like this; when I was little, my brother took scissors and cut my hair."

"Oh really? I actually have a friend who did that to his sister once too."

"Wow, what a coincidence."

"Yeah..."

"Yeah, nice talk, but I've kinda gotta get back to my book and-"

"No, I completely understand. Um, nice to meet you again."

As Tommy started walking away from her table, he started smiling, not a bad first impression.

"Nice to meet you too, TommyInnit."

Shit.

———————————————————————————

A/N: Hi! Hope you enjoyed yet another chapter. Sorry, I know it came out kinda late today, but I went back to school today, so I was pretty busy all day. Anyways, I'm gonna be releasing new chapters every day for a while, if you haven't noticed yet, because I'm just really excited to keep writing this, and I have a lot of the plot already figured out. I know it's not the best story ever, but it is fun to write! Anyways, hope you have a good day, drink water, eat some food, and as always, don't forget to take your meds! :)