05. Nature and Netherite

Lilith's POV:

Lilith was still smiling as she entered the house. Tommy was friendly, or at least more likable than she thought he would be. The boy's "TommyInnit" personality made her question if he would be nicer in person or not. Almost like his YouTuber self blurred the lines of real-life Tom. Lilith said hi to her aunt, who was in the kitchen making dinner, and headed up to her room. On the way up the stairs, her phone started ringing in her pocket. She took out her phone and smiled even more than she already was. She quickly answered her brother's call.

"Lil! How are you!"

"Pretty good."

"Yeah, I could tell that from your blushing face. Care to elaborate?"

"Shut up. I'm not blushing. It was just cold outside today."

"Ok, sure. Anyways, how's school must be painful having to talk to that little gremlin Tommy every day."

"He's actually not that bad. Had to hold me back in a fight today, though, so I felt kinda bad about that."

"YOU GOT INTO A FIGHT?!"

"Dude, calm down. I tried to walk away, but then she said something, and I just couldn't let go of that and act like it was nothing. Don't worry though, I didn't hurt her or anything."

"Well, that's good at least. Imagine how freaked out mom would have been if she found out you got into a fight your first week of school."

"I don't even want to imagine that."

The boy on the other side of the screen laughed. That wheezy, teakettle laugh Lilith missed so much. She loved her brother more than anything, and not being able to see him in person every day broke her heart. Small tears started streaming down the girl's face. She hoped that her brother wouldn't be able to

"So when are you coming to the UK?"

"Lil, we've been over this. I can't until Winter Break; I just don't have any time."

"I know. I just kinda hoped it would change this time."

"Listen, the second I can, I'll hop on the plane and fly over there to see you. Until then, maybe you could meet up with Wilbur or Tubbo and Ranboo? It might be nice for you to take a trip to Brighton."

"Well, I do love the sea."

"That's the spirit! Listen, I've gotta go, Mom is calling me downstairs, but I'll see you in a little bit on the SMP?"

"For sure"

"Love you, Lil."

"Love you too, Clay."

Lilith hung up the phone and went to the bathroom to wash her tear-stained face before the stream. The rush of cold water brought her back to reality and woke her up. She looked up at herself in the mirror. Sometimes Lilith felt like a ghost or a shell of herself, almost as if she lacked something inside of herself. Lilith looked at her phone. 4:05.The stream didn't start until 4:45. Perfect.

Putting back on her coat and headphones, Lilith walked outside to her backyard. Back home, whenever Lilith needed to clear her head, she would go for a walk through the woods. Maybe if she went past the fence, she could do the same here. Going out the back gate Lilith looked into the woods behind her house. There seemed to be some sort of an opening between the trees. It looked like there had been a path carved into the forest opening. Almost as if it was inviting her in. Without thinking about it, she started walking through the trees. The grass on the ground was soft beneath her feet, and above her, autumn leaves fell all around, creating a canopy of trees in every direction she looked. After walking for a while, Lilith saw an opening to what appeared to be an opening. Passing the last tree in the forest, her guess proved to be correct. In front of her was a small tree with a swing tied to it and hundreds of flowers. It was magical. It was a wonderland, almost as if whoever owned the house before her knew this was exactly what she was looking for. The swing was sturdy enough, and so Lilith sat down. Closing her eyes, she inhaled the fresh air. It was almost crisp, a perfect fall day. She took this time to organize her thoughts and enjoy the scenery around her.