22. Surprises

Lilith's POV:

It was quickly made very clear that Lilith was better at PvP than most people had initially thought. She had racked up enough points within four games to make it into the top ten. Everyone was going crazy as the girl most known for spending countless amounts of stream time building farms and collecting flowers didn't hesitate to help bring her team into the top 3.

By game 7, most of Lilith's chat already had an idea about how MCC would end. The previous predictions were that if the Lime Llamas made it to dodgebolt, it was game over. They were right. Lilith ran across the ground dodging the arrows as they flew all around her. Racing the middle, she grabbed the arrow and aimed it at the person across from her. In one perfect shot, it was over, and she had won.

The realization hit Lilith, and she heard everyone join the call and congratulate her and her team. After ending the stream, she ran downstairs with a smile and was greeted by everyone sitting at the table. Once more, everyone joined in on the excitement as she sat down with them.

"So, what are you gonna do now that you've won MCC?"

"I'm not quite sure, Wil, I was thinking of maybe winning a second time, but we'll see."

"Or maybe you could join a manhunt?"

Lilith knew that voice from a mile away and turned around in surprise to see her brother smiling back at her. He looked absolutely exhausted, but still, there he was. He was here. All the anger and frustration she felt about him missing her birthday washed away as she ran over to give him a hug. Lilith had missed him more than she'd realized.

Time skip is brought to you by my awful ability to stay on a writing schedule (I swear this time skip is important to the plot)

It was the final night before they returned home, and Lilith was doing everything possible to avoid packing up. She felt that if she pushed packing her stuff to the latest possible time, she could pretend like she wasn't leaving. So here she was, on the roof of the house after discovering that she could push the window open enough to crawl out.

She sat there in silence, letting the wind in the branches and the occasional sound of a passing car be the only sounds. This was the calm before the storm that she enjoyed. This was also the one place in the house where she could be alone, not that she minded everyone, but it was nice to have somewhere as an escape.

The clinking of ice cubes broke the silence as she turned her head to the window and saw her brother trying to get outside with a glass in each hand.

"Who the fuck designed these windows..."

"Need some help out there?"

"Yeah, that would be nice."

But all Lilith did was grab a class from his hand and watch him struggle slightly less.

"Wow, thanks for the help, Lil. I try to bring you a nice glass of lemonade, and all you do is sit there."

"Hey, who made this?"

Lilith turned to him as he finally made his way outside and sat beside her.

"Do you actually trust me that little?"

The girl just stared at him in disbelief. Although it was partially a joke, he had been known to do things in the past, such as trap their sister in a car with a wolf spider. He just sighed and turned to face her.

"Phil."

They sat there in silence, drinking their lemonade as they watched the passing cars on the street below. It was clay who broke the silence.

"So, are you packed yet?"

"No."

"Do you need help?"

"No."

She watched from her peripheral vision as he ran his hand through his hair and furrowed his brows in a way that showed he knew something was bothering her. When Lilith was little, she thought he could read her mind. He was always good at knowing exactly how to cheer her up, and she always admired that about him. So it didn't come as a surprise when he said exactly what she was thinking.

"Look, I'm sorry I missed your birthday, but honestly, I did have work to do. Plus, I knew that being around everyone else would make it better even if it wasn't by much."

"Yeah but-"

"BUT I also know you haven't packed yet because you don't want to leave. Which is fair, and I don't want to either."

"You got here a couple hours ago."

"And it was a great couple hours."

As much as she didn't want to, Lilith smiled a bit. She slowly turned to face her brother, who was looking down at his now empty glass.

"I've been watching all the streams, and as much as I know you didn't want to move here, you seem really happy, and I'm happy for you. I will be staying with you for a bit, too, if that makes you feel any better. Although even if I wasn't, I think you'd be fine because you have Tommy."

With that, Lilith's head snapped down to the drink in her hand. And she heard Clay's classic laugh as she did so.

"He really likes you, by the way."

"Yeah, and I could say the same about George, but we both know it's platonically."

"Alright, first of all, I don't want to talk about that. And secondly, I'm being serious. He actually likes you."

"You're lying."

"No, he told me."

"Yeah right. Why would he tell you?"

"You want to take a guess?"

"No, I'd rather not, Clay... but thanks. I appreciate it... I appreciate everything you said, I guess."

"You're welcome."

Clay ruffled Lilith's hair and made his way back through the window. Lilith was left on her own once again. She climbed back into her room with one last look up at the sky. Maybe going home wouldn't be so bad after all.

———————————————————————————

A/n: Heyyyyy everyoneeeee. So i'm sure you're all like "WHY WERE YOU GONE FOR SO LONG" and honestly I just was in a writing slump for a while tbh (and also sick) but i've returned! WE HAVE 3 CHAPTERS LEFT EVERYONE AND THEN A NEW STORY THAT I'VE FIGURED OUT WHAT TO DO WITH! So get ready. ALSO I'm making a schedule for the next few weeks so I make sure I keep releasing stuff and if that works it will continue on. I will be trying my best to release something every sunday from now on! Anyway, hope you sleep well, drink water, do your homework, and have a wonderful day :)