11. Phone Calls

Lilith's POV:

Lilith closed her eyes and leaned in. The butterflies in her stomach were going crazy, and she suddenly felt comforted, like being around him made her feel better... Her phone started ringing.

Call from: Wilbur Soot

Accept Decline

Shit. Knowing Wilbur, he would just keep calling until she answered. Lilith quickly gave an apologetic smile to Tommy and answered the call.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Hi, sorry to bother you, but I needed to talk to you about something important."

"No, it's ok. I was just talking to a friend."

From the corner of her vision, she saw Tommy shift in his seat. She turned to the boy once again.

"One sec... I'm really sorry, Tommy, but this is important. Thank you so much, though, for everything; I really appreciate it."

"Yeah, um- no problem, Lil."

Tommy got up from the swing and started walking back through the forest. Lilith turned around and sat back on the swing, somewhat regretting picking up the phone in the first place. But, Wilbur said it was important, and Tommy seemed to understand... Right?

Wilbur quickly filled Lilith in on the plan for the meetup, and she eventually hung up the phone. It was starting to get cold outside, and the sun was setting over the hill in front of her. Time to go home. Only a week to go until she met everyone.

As she walked back through the woods, Lilith started thinking about Tommy. Did she have feelings for him? Sure, he was cute and kind, even if he could be loud and obnoxious, but she didn't even know for sure he felt the same way. Yes, he might have leaned in, but that didn't mean for sure he was trying to kiss her-

"Lilith, come inside, it's getting dark, and dinner is almost ready."

"Coming!"

———————————————————————————

A/N: Heyyyy! So I know it's been a little while, but I was in a play and dealing with school and a lot of stuff, so yeah. Anyways, I'm back, and I hope everyone is doing well and everything. It's been a long time, but once again, drink water, eat some food, take your meds, and have a great day!