14. Sonder pt 2

Tommy's POV:

As Tommy sat in the backseat of the car he couldn't help but feel a sense of calm wash over him.

Tubbo had texted Tommy earlier that morning and let the boy know that he would be his "wingman" for the trip. As much as he loved being one of Tubbo's best friends, telling him about his feelings for Lilith was definitely a mistake. He just wished things could be simple, and he could tell Lilith how he felt and have her feel the same. However, nothing in life is as easy as it seems.

Tommy started to zone out and stare at the road in front of him. "Through and Through" by Khai Dreams played through his headphones as he watched cars go by. However, it was at this moment that Tommy noticed the reflection in the window. Lilith was looking directly at him like she was trying to figure out what was going on in his mind. There was no way in hell Tommy was going to tell her. At least not yet. Tommy looked at the road again, and slowly the girl across from him began to fall asleep.

Time passed. Tommy recorded a TikTok, Lilith got annoyed. His dad lectured him on helping with the bags, Tommy got annoyed. Soon they arrived at the house. Tommy watched as everyone made their way outside. He was excited to see them as it had been so long. Without thinking, he hopped out of the car before it had entirely stopped and ran up to everyone.

Lilith stayed behind, helping to do what he was supposed to do. He thought about going to help her, but his mind was quickly sidetracked when Tubbo almost knocked him over with a hug.

He quickly greeted everyone and started making his way into the house until Wilbur blocked his path in the doorway.

"Wil?"

"Go help Lilith."

"What? but she's almost done-"

"Go help Lilith. If you want her to like you, be nice and help her carry the bags inside."

Tommy's face went bright red. It had been five minutes, and Wil was already acting like an annoying older brother.

"Wait, who told you that? Was it Toby? I told him not to tell anyone."

"No one told me, and I just know. Now go help, Lilith. I'm not letting you into the house until you do."

There was no way he was getting out of this one. It wasn't like he was trying to be a jerk about it. He was just really excited to hang out with his friends. Wilbur could see the boy hesitating and quickly made up his mind for him. He grabbed Tommy's shoulders and lightly pushed him in the direction of the car, shutting the front door behind him. Tommy was left with only one thing to do.

"Need help with those bags?"

———————————————————————————

A/N: Ok, so initially, this was not supposed to be the next chapter, but my creative brain just took over, and I wrote this at 3AM. Let me know if you like this idea of doing this same chapter from both characters' POVs because this was really fun to write, and I'd like to keep using it when I can (and that just means a longer story for y'all). Anyways, as always, sleep well, do your homework, drink some water, take your meds, and have a great rest of your day :)