20. Happy Birthday

Lilith's POV:

Lilith was woken up by something hitting her head. Then again. And again.

"HEY OW, STOP THAT"

"Happy almost birthday! Happy almost birthday, happy almost-"

Tubbo hit her directly in the face with a pillow as he jumped on her bed. Lilith looked around for any sign of help but only saw a tired Ranboo standing in the doorway with a blanket and a "#1 Dad" mug. She looked in his direction with a deathly scowl, and he quickly shuffled back into the hall.

"Why aren't you doing this to Tommy? It's his birthday!"

"They already did. And more"

Tommy appeared in the doorway, picking silly string off his head, and Lilith had no hesitation in using him as a shield.

"LILITH, WHAT THE FUCK"

"IF I'M GOING DOWN, YOU'RE COMING WITH ME"

The girl grabbed his hand and ran out of the room, with Tubbo following behind.

"GET BACK HERE. I'M SUPPOSED TO BE DISTRACTING YOU"

Tubbo's POV:

Tubbo woke up with Wilbur standing over his bed.

"Jesus, man!"

"I need your assistance, king."

"It's like 4AM. What are you-"

"Niki and I wanted to bake a cake on stream for Tommy and Lilith's birthday, but we don't want them to find out, so we need you to distract them for an hour or two."

"4AM."

"Toby please"

Tubbo rolled over and started to go back to sleep until he heard Wilbur utter some of his favorite words.

"I've got a can of silly string."

Now Tubbo was chasing around two almost fully grown adults as they reached dangerously close to the kitchen.

"Nope, outside."

Phil grabbed their shoulders and pushed them out into the backyard.

"15 minutes, and then you go upstairs and get ready for a stream, alright?"

The door closed with a click, and Tubbo saw from the other side of the glass as Lilith and Tommy realized they had been holding hands the whole time.

"Yeah, Wil is right."

Time skip AND POV change (Lilith) brought to you by my need to study for finals :D

"Welcome BACK to the stream, everyone! How are we boys?"

Lilith walked in, and Tommy quickly stopped talking.

"Isn't this Wilbur's stream?"

"Yeah but-"

"Shouldn't he do the intro then?"

"But it's my birthday."

"Well, it's also a birthday stream for me, so shouldn't I get to do the intro too then?"

"But I'm the-"

Lilith pushed Tommy out of the way and sat in the chair next to his.

"Hi chat! How is everyone today? Hope you're all having a great day! Today we're having a birthday celebration for Tommy and I because our birthdays are four days apart."

"You make it sound so boring. Where's your enthusiasm."

"I am enthusiastic, but I also want to check in with them and find out how they're doing."

"PHILLL LILITH IS BEING BORING"

Throughout all of this chat was having a field day. The mods, struggling to keep up with the tens of thousands of people, eventually gave up and put chat in emote-only mode. Unknown to them, everyone had been hiding in the kitchen, waiting for the moment when they could jump out with a cake and presents. However, they decided it was too funny to interrupt until Ranboo sneezed from behind the door.

"You guys gonna stand behind a door sneezing, or are you going to come and join the stream?"

They all rushed out the door and started singing happy birthday in the most off-key (except for Wilbur) way possible, but Lilith was happy. She felt included, and she couldn't ask for anything else. They ate cake and opened presents, and soon the stream was over. The rest of the day was just spent hanging out together. The trip would be over soon, and they would all return home. At least she wasn't going to lose one of her best friends.

It was the end of the day, and as everyone retreated to their rooms, Tommy stopped Lilith in the hallway.

"I never got to give you your gift."

"It's ok. I only gave you something small, so you really didn't have to."

Tommy took out a small box that he had clearly wrapped himself and handed it to the girl. She carefully unwrapped it and opened it up, revealing a small gold necklace with an arrow at the end.

"Because you're the SMP archer and everything, so I thought It would be kind of cool for you-"

This was one of the first times she had ever really stopped to notice his eyes. They were bright blue and lit up when he talked about something he was passionate about. And his smile, there had never been a time where he couldn't cheer her up just with his smile. It was clear to Lilith that he had spent a lot of time thinking about what to get her. Maybe he wasn't the most annoying person in the world.

Lilith reached up as high as she could and wrapped her arms around him as she buried her face in his neck. Tommy immediately stopped talking and returned the hug. She felt safe in his arms. It was almost as if they were two pieces of a puzzle meant to be together.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Lilith pulled away from the hug and started walking towards her room with the box in hand.

"Happy birthday Tommy."

She entered her room, leaving Tommy standing in the empty hallway with the biggest grin anyone had ever seen on his face.

———————————————————————————

A/N: Not sure how to feel about this chapter, I've written better ones, but it's ok. Almost 1k words though lets go!!!! Also, if anyone wants to leave a comment here because I'm currently writing on another series (which is a bit different in terms of writing), I want to know what y'all want/don't want in the next one. With that, eat food, drink water, take your meds if you have any, and have a great day!