10. friends

Tommy's POV:

Tommy walked over to the girl and sat next to her on the swing.

"Listen, I'm sorry that I kept ignoring you the past few days. I just... I got mad, and I shouldn't have made it such a big deal because it really wasn't."

"Lilith, I get it. You were mad because you thought I was taking her side and not yours. I was always on your side, though. I swear."

"Thanks. That means a lot."

The two of them smiled, and then Tommy looked down. Lilith was still holding his hand. Lilith seemed to notice and quickly moved her hand away.

"So anyway, why were you crying? Are you alright?"

"Um, well. Not the best, but it's ok, just sibling troubles."

She was clearly waiting for Tommy to change the conversation, but when he didn't, she kept talking.

"Well, my brother was supposed to come to visit soon, but his boyfriend all of a sudden decided to visit, and now he's stuck in America and can't come here. God, I feel horrible and selfish and all the things, but he's my brother, and I miss him, y'know?"

"Hey, it's ok. I'm sure he'll come to visit soon. Honestly, you should just tell him if you really feel like this. That's what I think, at least."

"Yeah, maybe... um, that's for listening to me rant. I really appreciate it."

"Any time, Lil."

Lilac leaned over and gave Tommy a hug. He was surprised at first but slowly wrapped his arms around her in a warm embrace. Lilith let go of the boy and looked up at him. Tommy looked at her eyes. It was the first time he really stopped and saw their actual color. They were dark green and reminded him of the forest they were in. It was quiet as they sat there, and the only sound was the wind moving through the trees. He didn't know what was going on in his brain, but slowly he started leaning towards her. Lilith did the same, and they closed their eyes.

Lilith's phone started ringing. They both jumped back, startled, and the girl grabbed her phone and muttered something before picking up the phone.

"Hey , what's up?... no, it's ok, I was just talking to a friend."

Yeah. Right. A friend. They were just friends.

———————————————————————————

A/N: Hello friends! Hope you had a good day! Sorry, this chapter was so short and everything, but I've recently been very busy with school. ANYWAYS, thank you for 200 reads! I really appreciate it! Also, more chapters coming soon! Anyway, stay hydrated, eat food, sleep well, and don't forget to take your meds!