16. Confrontation

Tommy's POV:

Tommy was frozen, eyes glued to the movie currently playing and pretending not to hear Wilbur mocking him from across the couch. Things seemed to be going smoothly until Lilith shifted slightly and grabbed his arm, causing Tommy to turn bright red. Tommy heard Ranboo laugh from a chair on the other side of the room and saw Tubbo showing him something on his phone. Upon noticing that Tommy was now watching them, he turned the phone to face the boy who now said he had looked up a picture of a tomato which he was now comparing to the shade of Tommy's face. A pillow hit Tubbo's face, which Tommy had thrown at him, causing him to scream. Lilith's eyes flashed open and the confusion registered on her face.

"What's going on?"

Lilith looked over at Tommy, who was still bright red, and quickly realized their situation, trying to sink as far away from him into her corner of the couch as she could.

"Holy shit, Tommy, I'm so sorry, it was an accident. I swear, if I made you uncomfortable, I'm so sorry; I just fell asleep and- I'm just going to go to sleep now. Goodnight!"

Lilith hurried up the stairs to her room, followed close behind by Niki, who was now just as confused by the previous interaction as Tommy.

"WAIT LILITH!-"

"Smooth."

"What?"

Tommy turned around to see Wilbur smirking at him as he got up from his place on the couch.

"Tommy let's go have a chat."

"What are you gonna act like my brother now and lecture me on what I did wrong?"

Tommy followed behind Wilbur, who was now headed upstairs.

"Stop I will cry... but yes."

After entering their room, Wilbur turned and stared directly at Tommy.

"I want you to answer this question because I already know the answer, but I need you to realize it yourself. Do you like Lilith?"

"Yeah, she's one of my best friends. Of course, I like her"

Wilbur walked towards the door, pinching the bridge of his nose, and considered how long this type of conversation would take. Not only that but also how he ended up in this situation in the first place. How did he end up in a position where he was lecturing a boy he met through Minecraft on his feelings for a girl.

"Listen, Tommy, if you don't want to admit it, that's fine. I swear, I'm not trying to mock you. I just wanna help. I get it, though, and I was like you when I was your age. If you want to talk to Phil or something..."

Tommy wasn't listening. He was stuck in his own head, not only because he knew that Wilbur was right (something he didn't really want to admit) but also because he had a feeling his feelings would not be reciprocated. Despite all this, something in his brain went on autopilot. The words out of his mouth as he watched Wilbur leave their room didn't feel like his own.

"I have feelings for Lilith."

Wilbur's hands froze on the doorknob, and he stood in shock. He had to go talk to Niki.

———————————————————————————

A/N: I have returned! Sorry I was gone for so long. I was dealing with family matters in a different state and didn't have my computer. I am back, though! and SUPER excited for the next few chapters (spoiler alert: Lilith is in the lie detector vlog). Anyway, most likely will be doing 1/2 chapters per week because of my school schedule but will make sure not to take big breaks again. Thanks for all the support this has been getting recently. I love reading all the comments and everything. Have a great day, everyone <3