25. Endings

Tommy woke up the next day with a smile on his face. Despite everything he had achieved that year on twitch and YouTube, this was the thing he was sure he'd remember forever. He found it stupid to say that the thing he was most proud of was telling a girl how he actually felt, but there he was, and he couldn't be happier. As he sat staring at the ceiling, he replayed the events of the day before over and over in his head.

He had always heard people say they got "butterflies," but he never truly knew what it meant. At that moment, though, he finally understood. Warmth seeped through him as he heard her speak, and for a moment, it felt like there was no one else in the world. Just them, and that's all he needed.

After walking Lilith home, he immediately ran to his room and called Wilbur when he got to his house later that evening. Wil was overjoyed that after months of hiding his feelings in the back of his mind, he finally did something about it. The truth is, the idea of being in love was terrifying. Having to take care of someone else and risking your true feelings scared Tommy. It just got to a point where he realized Wilbur was right. Even if she didn't feel the same, at least he made an effort.

After finally checking the time, Tommy realized he had a stream to get to. So, he climbed out of bed, got ready for the day, and logged onto Minecraft for a stream. He watched the numbers on his viewer count go up as hundreds of people quickly joined to watch the events unfold. Today wasn't anything special, no lore or events, just time spent with his friends. Grabbing a signature can of coke and taking a deep breath, he began his stream.

"Welcome back, everyone, to the stream! How are we boys? Hope everyone is doing well today."

Tommy joined the SMP as his chat was spammed with many different things. As the server loaded up, he saw how many of his friends were online. He immediately joined VC2 as per-usual and started roaming around the area he knew so well while telling jokes and talking to his chat. That was until she showed up. All the jokes he made about being able to speak to women were part of what caused Tommy's channel to become so popular, so when Lilith showed up at his little dirt house, he tried his best to stay calm.

LilacDemon: Hi Tommy

Tommyinnit: Hello

LilacDemon: I have a gift for you

Tommy watched as Lilith threw him a bow named "LilacInnit."

LilacDemon: I found this in my chest, lol

LilacDemon: Wilbur gave it to me a while ago as a joke

Tommy just stood in silence, knowing that his face was turning red enough for his camera to pick up.

LilacDemon: Tommy?

LilacDemon: You there???

TommyInnit: yes

TommyInnit: thanks

TommyInnit: very nice bow

TommyInnit: I like it a lot

TommyInnit: thank you

TommyInnit: very much appreciated

TommyInnit: goodbye, woman

TommyInnit: going mining now

TommyInnit: bye bye

Sapnap: wtf

With that, he turned, put the bow in his enderchest, and headed in the opposite direction. Yeah... that was going to get clipped, and there wasn't a thing he could do about it.

*Time skip brought to you by the American college process :D*

After ending his stream, Tommy checked his phone to see a notification.

Lilith:

Come outside

With a smile, Tommy walked outside to see Lilith on his doorstep. In her hands was a bouquet of flowers.

"Hey."

"Hello"

"I brought you some flowers. I picked them up this morning when I went to get some for myself, and I figured you might want some too. Not necessary for you, but maybe your mom could put them in the kitchen or something. I don't know."

It felt like time had frozen for a second, and in his head, Tommy kept repeating, "I can't believe this is real." That's when a thought came to his head that caused him to laugh. Lilith looked up at him, confused, and he quickly explained how awkward she must have just felt.

"Sorry, I was thinking about the bow you gave me earlier. This is gonna sound really stupid, but I guess you hit the target in a sense."

"Hit the target?"

"Yeah, you hit my heart. You made me fall in love."

———————————————————————————

A/N: This is the final chapter (besides the epilogue) of hit the target. Actually making me sad, but excited for the next story to start. Once the epilogue is released I will be deleting all A/N posts except for the Techno one and publishing the first part of the next story. Gonna do a bigger thank you at the end but thanks for all the support on this so far. Drink water, do your homework, and have a great day. <3