Amen (Jerrie/You G!P)

*Im going to hell 😅

**Also, this is heavily based on my former role in a Baptist church (yes, I, Zain aka fuckboy_cagayo, used to be a junior deacon) and I'm southern asf so "you" have a light country drawl

———
You

For the past few years, I've been going to this church with my family every Sunday. Pastor John Edwards, or Pastor J as we call him, leads services with his wife Lady Norma, by his side.

They have four adult children. Two sets of boy/girl twins; Pez and Perrie, and Jade and J'mar. The boys are the types to only show up on important holidays. The girls are pretty active in the church.

But let me just say, Perrie and Jade are wow. I usually pay attention in church, but when those two are around, I feel like sinning.

Not today, Satan.

The way Pastor preaches is more like he's having a conversation with you. He doesn't like standing in front of everyone; he preaches while he's among the congregation.

He's not traditional at all; he's very open minded, agrees that some things in this religion should be changed to fit our current society, and is an avid ally of the alphabet militia.

He also hosts events at the church during the summer for my younger siblings to attend when school's out.

Not to mention home made breakfast made every morning in the church's kitchen before service and baked sweets after.

This morning, we arrived earlier since my grandma was one of the cooks. Today's Pastor J's birthday and 30th year preaching, and we wanna make it special.

His wife told my grandma his favorite breakfast and she along with Ms. Gladys and Ms. Celeste went right to work.

The younger children were in one of the church class rooms making things for him. The teens were hiding his gifts around the church like a scavenger hunt. As for everyone else, I'm not too sure.

I just sat down and got on my phone for a bit before Lady Norma taps me. I smile and stand, giving the older woman a hug. "Good mornin', Lady Norma."

"G'mahnin, Y/N. Can I bother ye?" She says in her thick, foreign accent. I give her a polite grin, "Ain't no bother. Whatchu need?"

She smiles, "I was hopin' ye, me daughters and their mates would do a song for John before he starts service. I know ye don't like singin' with the choir, but you have an amazin' voice, hinny."

I nod with a smile, "Why thank you, kindly. I'd love to sing for 'im." She hugs me again, "Thank you so much, Y/N."

"It's no problem, Lady Norma," I return the hug and she kisses my cheek. "They're already in the choir room with Tony," she says before taking off in the opposite direction.

I head down the hall until I hear a light piano and angelic harmonies. My eyes expand as I get closer to the sound.

The choir room door was parted open, releasing some sweet noises along with my brother's, and choir director, instructions.

"Okay, Jade, I want you to come in after Perrie on the second line. Then y'all do that harmony we just did with you two, and my sister joining in," just as he said that, I slip in without anyone noticing.

I recognize the other two girls as Lauren and Ariana. Lauren and I had a little fling last fall, but she wanted something a little more serious. We broke things off, but remained cordial.

I dunno much about Ariana except she's from Florida and she's Jade's best friend.

Overall, they're sweethearts. One for more than one reason.