11: Raelyn

Chapter 11

"You will be absolutely fine, Raelyn. Trust me."

And those were the last words I heard from my second family. I would probably not remember until Im 11 or 12, whenever Harry said.

"Goodbye" Ginny said, and I felt myself get smaller and my memory got more and more clouded. Then, I was plunged into darkness.

I woke up in a dark, damp, dungeon-like room.

"Get up. Get up, you stupid girl." A voice chanted next to me, very harsh.

The man roughly dragged me up a flight of stairs.

"I see you have awaken." Another voice said from behind me. I finally opened my eyes, and saw a person, or should I say thing? walk in front of me.

"I know that you know my future. I need to know how to rid the Earth of its filth. And of people like you."

"I don't know what you are talking about" I spat at him. The thing shook it's head.

"I see you do not know who I am. Which is probably why you are not telling me. Well, we will see who is stronger at keeping secrets. CRUCIO!" It whispered, then shouted the spell.

At first I thought it missed. Then, I twitched. And more and more I twitched. I felt hot knives in my skin. This is almost compared to what I have done to myself, but it's worse because I can't stop it. I don't have a choice in this matter. I willed myself not to scream.

The curse stopped and the things cursed some colorful vocabulary. "Her mind is weakening. We will see each other again soon." it said. I glared with all I could and I was dragged out of the room.

GENEVIEVE POTTER POV

I walked down the street towards my home. I couldn't wait to see James and Charles, who were probably waiting for me.

I walked in the door, and the first thing that registered was the high-pitched scream coming from the living room.

I dropped my bag in the front hall and closed the door. As I ran down the hall, the screaming got louder. I definitely knew it wasn't James, because although he can scream loudly, it could never be so, blood-curdling. So high pitched.

I walked into the living room, and saw Charles bent over a girl's body, and James looking horrified in a corner.

"Charlie! What's going on?!" I shout over the other screeching.

"The girl!" He replied, "She appeared out of no where! And then she starts screaming like a banshee!" I shook my head. I remembered Dumbledore saying something about bringing a girl soon, but I didn't expect her so soon. And for her to appear out of thin air.

I was about to shout back about what Dumbledore had said, when the screaming stopped abruptly. I looked at the small girl laying on the couch.

"Charlie, back up. If she decides to wake up, and a strange man is standing over her, who knows what she'll think." I told him calmly. He nodded and stood up, and stretched.

"How long has she been here?" I asked him quietly.

"About 10 minutes before you came in here. I told James to leave, but you see how well that worked." he replied, rolling his eyes.

I chuckled. "Oh of course."

Just then, the girl's eyes swing open, and she bolts up. I ran over to her.

"W-What? Where am I?" She stuttered, looking completely confused.

"You are at the Potter Mansion. Do you remember anything?" I told her, well, asked her.

She nodded her head slowly. "I-I think so. I know my name is R-Raelyn Giovanna. Um, I'm 5 years old and my birthday is August 27."

I nodded, taking in the information. She was the girl that Dumbledore was talking about.

"Alright. Just stay here for a few minutes while I contact someone, okay?" I told her, "This is Charles and I'm Genevieve. My son James is over in the corner at the moment. You'll be fine." I added, watching her face go from confusion to scared quickly.

'I hope the dear wasn't hurt at all.' I thought.

I walked into the kitchen and took my wand from my pocket. "Expecto Patronum!" I said, not loudly, but not softly either. I thought of Dumbledore and said quietly to the light, "I have the girl. Come quickly so I, as well as you, can explain."

And off it went.

I walked back into the living room, and saw James and Charlie on either side of Raelyn.

'She would be a good match for us. It's just what James needs, a sibling.' I thought to myself.

A few minutes later, I heard a 'pop' and Dumbledore walked in. Charlie glared at him, but realized it wasn't the time to tell off our old headmaster.

"I see she has arrived safely." Dumbledore said once James and Raelyn had left.

Charlie nodded in response. "She was screaming her head off and was terrified when she woke up, but other then that, she was fine." he told Dumbledore. The old man nodded, seemingly deep in thought.

"Yes, well, she will get painful nightmare-like memories. You know of where she came from, correct?" He said to us. I nodded my head, remembering him telling me about a week ago. But Charlie shook his head. I may have forgotten to tell him.

"Well", he started, looking over his shoulder to make sure the kids weren't there. "She is technically from the future. 2024, to be exact. But there are evils there as there is here. But there, she knew the power to stop them. She is safer here than anywhere else. The girl, along with another that was born of one of your sons friends in the future, have powers beyond belief. She is an elemental and has wand less magic. She is possibly more powerful than me. You must be careful with her. I thought you two would be the best for her."

We nodded, taking in the information. In fact, I didn't know most of what he had just told us.

"I know most of this is a shock to you, but you will have to believe me. You will also have to change her birthday to James'. It will be easier on you, and much more to them." he said, and got up and left. Just left us sitting there.

"Well, we have a daughter on our hands now." Charlie said cheerfully.

I rolled my eyes and walked into the kitchen to start dinner.

A/N:

IM NOT DEAD.

at least not yet.

I'm kinda pissed off at the moment.

But I'm not gonna burden you with my problems.

Besides the fact that no one in my family likes to freaking listen to me.

Sorry. I've had a bad week.

Bye.

Tori <3