21: Raelyn

Chapter 21

"You go to Hogwarts?!" Lily exclaimed, disbelief clear in her voice.

"No, well not until now. I thought you were a muggle!" I replied, disbelief in my voice as well. "I'm going this year, I previously went to Beauxbatons."

"Ohhhh... Well, I'm in Gryffindor with Michaela, and Severus is in Slytherin. You do know what the houses are, right?" my friend told me, speaking very fast. I only nodded, not completely sure how to reply.

The four of us talked about similar topics, until it got dark and we all went home. It was definitely nice seeing my friend again, and more so that we'll be going to Hogwarts together.

September 1st

"JAMES!!" I screeched. I sat straight up in bed, and felt my clean hair. I pulled some in front of my face, and it turned green. An ugly green. It was disgusting, like vomit green. I was pissed. As I tried to change it back to brown, my metamorphagus powers weren't working. "Permanent dye." I whispered to myself.

I quietly got up from my bed, listening to the somewhat quieted laughs behind my door. I used my newly found wand less magic to get changed. Soon enough, I was in light blue, ripped skinny jeans and a loose black tank top with the deathly hallows on it. I tugged a pair of black military boots on my feet and grabbed my black jean jacket (I was going to grab my leather one, but I figured that was stupid, seeing as it was still summer-like outside) and my trunk.

"Hey assholes, Just wait for revenge." I told James and Sirius, who were standing outside my door. "Where's Remus?" I asked, speaking my thoughts.

"Dunno. Probably reading a book." Sirius replied, and James agreed with him, after knocking the back of his friend's head. I rolled my eyes and walked down the stairs, banging my trunk on the steps behind me.

"Raelyn, must you drop your trunk on every stair?" mum asked me as I walked into the kitchen.

"Yes, mum. Yes I must." I replied, probably sounding like an idiot. She shook her head and went back to cooking breakfast.

I dragged my trunk to the fireplace, and went and sat at the table with my dad. A few moments later, James and Sirius made a lot of noise walking down the steps. Remus followed quietly behind them.

"Are you herding elephants?" I screamed at them, over all the noise that they were making. They stopped for a moment, and then in sync they shrugged before going back to making noise. I looked at my dad, who shrugged.

I glanced at our huge grandfather clock, the one that actually tells time, (we have one that shows where each of us are, like home, work, school, undetermined, etc.) and it said the time was 10:30.

"MUM! ITS 10:30!" I yelled, causing everyone to jump and drop what they happened to be doing. Oops.

"Alright, alright! We're flooing there anyways, so come here and eat quickly!" she said, directing the last part to the boys. We all nodded, and the boys ran and sat down. They literally inhaled the waffles, while mum and I ate fast, but not to the extent of inhaling the food. By 10:50, we were all ready and ran to the fireplace.

"You all know how to use floo, right?" Mum asked, giving me the pot with the powder in it. Remus and Sirius nodded, so I grabbed a handful, gave the pot to James, took my trunk in my opposite hand, and got in the fireplace.

"See ya on the other side!" I said loudly, and dropped the floo poweder saying, "Platform 9 and 3/4, Kings Cross Station!" Before I knew it, I was twisting and turning until I landed in the fireplace at Kings Cross. Well, I flew out of the fireplace, and landed on someone, while my trunk was right next to the fireplace.