23: Raelyn

Chapter 23

"Hmm... about a half hour. We figured," Lily said, pointing to Mickey and herself. "that you should change. And you said something about a brother earlier. I didn't know you had any siblings." I smiled sheepishly.

"Yeah... You probably know him, he's in Gryffindor. He bloody boasts about it all the time." I replied, hoping they wouldn't ask who he is.

"Who boasts about being in Gryffindor?" Sev said, walking in on our conversation.

"My brother." I told him. I figured if they wanted to know, I'll tell them, but otherwise I wouldn't.

"Whose your brother? You seem to be avoiding that question." Mickey asked. I shrugged.

"James Potter."

"W-What?!" Severus spluttered. "Potter?" He spat my last name as if it were a revolting piece of shit. I looked at him in surprise.

"I didn't get to pick who my brother is. Truly, the only thing in common between us is the fact that we both love to prank." I told my friends, and thought, 'Well, I didn't have much of a choice to come here at all.' Severus' face turned sour extremely fast, while Mickey and Lily seemed pretty calm about this. Honestly though, how did they not notice if they hate my brother so much?

"If you're related to Potter, there's more in common to you than pranking." Severus sneered. He stood up from his seat. "I, for one, am not going to be near a Potter. You're nasty, attention-grabbing prats." And he walked out. 

"He's my brother, I'll go, um, make sure he, uh, sees sense." Mickey said a few moments later, and ran in the direction of her brother. I looked at Lily, who looked extremely uncomfortable.

"I don't know what got into him. I promised some other friends I would say hi. You wanna come?" Lily said, probably giving up on the awkward silence. I didn't have the energy to break it.

"Nah. I don't want to get in the way." I told her, giving her a poker face. "I'm Potter's sister anyways. You don't want to be seen with me."

"You wouldn't be in the way!" Lily exclaimed. I just shook my head and motioned for her to go and find her friends. She sighed in defeat and went in search of her other friends.

-----------------

An hour or so later, Lily nor Mickey had come back to the compartment, so I decided to take a walk.

I looked into the compartments, seeing loads of things. Some had couples snogging (in which I ran, attempting not to vomit), some had friends playing games like Exploding Snap, and most were chatting away with their friends, eating candy from the trolley lady.

Towards the back of the train (well, the fourth compartment to the end) I found who I was looking for. My dearest brother James.

"Hello, James." I said, a tiny bit of venom hinted in my voice.

"Hey Rae! What's up?" He replied, not noticing I was upset.

"Nothing really..." I said, still hinting I wanted answers. Remus looked at me a bit worriedly. Sirius and Peter were still stuffing their faces. "Besides the fact that I learned you've been bullying one of my friends, and you and Sirius have been harassing my other two friends." Remus moved closer to the window, as did Peter, who stopped eating to watch the scene unfold.

"W-who're your friends?" My brother stuttered. Sirius paled a bit and stopped eating when he heard his name.

"Hmm... Let's see, Severus and Michaela Snape and Lily Evans." I said and smirking when they realized I was friends with them.