Holiday Special: Jamie

December 31, 1993

Everything was perfect. Severus and Remus were in the same room, and not fighting, and that same room looked like a giant puked Christmas everywhere. 

"Remus! I'm going to get the others!" I shouted to what seemed like an empty void. I heard an "Alright!" be shout from the opposite side of the place. I walked out, in search of my Hogwarts friends.

As I was walking towards the Gryffindor tower, I thought about all the weight that had basically been put on my shoulders. For one, I had to prove Sirius Black to be innocent, and not just to Severus, but to Dumbledore and the minister (who is honestly a complete asshole). And next year, I'll have to keep Harry and Viktor alive. Who knows what I could change in this world.

As for other thoughts, a fleeting thought of Remus being at Hogwarts for his first Christmas/New Years here without his friends. I read so many fanfictions back in the future about his reactions, and they always involved him dissolving into tears. This, I was determined not to make happen.

"Scurvy Cur." I said to the portrait. Stupid knight. Although I loved to joke around with him, Sir Cadogen was infuriating and quite frankly insufferable sometimes.

"Right again m'lady! Go on in!" He said, hopefully recognizing me and not just letting me in because I knew  the password. I knew that soon, Sirius Black would be entering the castle, and the Gryffindor tower, I just didn't know exactly when.

"Finnigan! Thomas!" I shouted, to the almost empty common room. The boys turned and greeted me.

"Hey Evans. What are you doing on this fine evening here?" Seamus Finnigan said to me.

"Nothing interesting really. Where's Ron, Harry, Hermione and Anna?" 

"I think they're upstairs. We haven't been up there all day though. Best shot at them being there." Dean Thomas replied. 

"Thanks." and I walked past them and up the boy's dormitory stairs. Quickly locating Ron and Harry's dorm, I knocked twice and opened the door.

"And I have arrived, the party may now start!" I exclaimed, making Ron jump, Harry and Anna roll their eyes and Hermione shake her head. "What?" I laughed, which happened to be contagious, and therefore everyone started laughing. 

"Hey Jamie. We were just talking and hanging out. Want to join?" Anna invited, but I shook my head.

"Nah. I have Remus and Severus in the same side of the castle. I'm surprised there's no fire yet. But, we are having a small Christmas party, if you guys want to come." At the invitation, they all jumped up and agreed to come. The girls ran out to grab some nicer clothes then sweats and I left for the common room so the boys could change. I thought about quickly changing out of my comfortable attire (consisting of black leggings and a red and green hoodie), but decided not to. That is, until I saw Anna and Hermione come down the stairs, looking a lot nicer than I. Harry and Ron were still upstairs, so quickly I thought up a new outfit (a dark red blouse, black jeans, a black leather jacket and black booties) and changed my hair to a bleach blonde.

"Nice outfit on such a short notice." Hermione remarked, to which I rolled my eyes. She was wearing a black blouse, blue skinny jeans, brown boots and a red infinity scarf I lent her earlier in the week. Anna followed down the stairs, wearing an oversize peach sweater, dark jeans and black flats. Anna was sporting a french braid, which cascaded over her shoulder, while Hermione let her hair be in its usual curls.

"How long does it take the boys to get-- Never mind, here they are." I started, cutting myself off as I saw the boys come down the stairs. Finnigan and Thomas had left, who knows where, so it was just the five of us. That is, until the other Weasley's meandered down.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" George said as he and his twin came down the stairs. Ginny came through the portrait at the same time, and looked at us with a confusing glance.

"Remus, Severus and I are having a small party, you're welcome to come. But, you have five minutes to change. Or I'm leaving without you." I guessed the three of them didn't want to be left out, so they ran to their dorms, and no more than four minutes later, they came racing back down. The twins looked similar to Harry and Ron, wearing ugly Christmas sweaters, and jeans.

"Nice. Alright, let's go!" I exclaimed, leading the group out of the Gryffindor common room and through the halls, attempting not to get caught. I have no idea why I decided to be sneaky, almost all the teachers were invited to the party. And that, is why I had no problem inviting all the Weasleys. 

The walk to Remus', I don't know what to call it, so I'm going to call it a house, was almost silent. Of course, it would be if the twins wouldn't scare everyone and make us scream. It was quite hilarious when it was going on with Ginny and Ron, but then they started with me, then Harry, and moved on to Hermione and Anna. 

Finally, we arrived at Remus' home and I whispered the password to the portrait. I walked inside, my friends trailing behind me. Christmas still was spewed everywhere, possibly some more decorations then I originally put up.

"REMUS! SEVERUS!" I yelled to the place. I heard some crashes, followed by a few shouts, and eventually saw Severus come into the main room, covered in flour. Remus followed moments later, his hair and clothes sopping wet.

"Yes?" Severus hissed, obviously noticing my friends as well.

"Oh, I didn't realize you were busy. I just wanted to let you know I'm here!" I replied, making it evident I interrupted. Both adults rolled their eyes.

"Finish putting the food out, will you Jamie? I found some more decorations that I put up. I'm going to finish in the kitchen." Remus said, magically making himself dry again. I nodded and saluted him, to which I'm sure everyone in the room rolled their eyes.

I did as I was told, and as I put the final platter of food on the buffet table, there was a knock on the wall. Wait, no the portrait. People! Socializing! Aw, great. Sarcasm is my friend, we're even closer than Viktor and I, even Remus and I. We're really really close.

I faced my hands towards the portrait hole and hexed it to allow anyone Remus or Severus invited. People swarmed the room, and it soon became stuffy and hot.

"TEN MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT!" Someone, I'm assuming Fred or George, but I couldn't be to sure, yelled out. They did this every four minutes, to the second.

"TEN!" They shouted. "NINE!" Everyone else copied them, almost everyone with a drink in hand. I noticed some Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws, along with Anna and Hermione, so I walked over. Well, more like stumbled. I was a little tipsy. Just a little! Remus had no idea though...

Anyways, I made it over to them as everyone shouted "TWO!". Someone tapped me on the shoulder, someone I recognized to be Cedric Diggory.

"ONE!" And Cedric Diggory kissed me. The weird part? I loved every second of it.

"Happy New Year!" Everyone shouted, while Cedric whispered it to me. I felt my face heat up, so bad I thought I looked like a tomato.

"Happy New Year." I said to him. And the rest of the night is history. Mainly because either I blacked out or passed out.

A/N:

SooOOO... The end may have been a little to the plot. I couldn't help it though! I needed to start something!

I have no idea if I'm going to update Raelyn's holiday tonight or not like I wanted to. I honestly forgot about it until last night, to which I started this.

HOPEFULLY I'll get it up before midnight (though it's literally 10:03pm right now) but possibly I'll have it up tomorrow morning/afternoon ish.

Luff you guys!

xx Torie Weasley