The First Catch

Since you and Serena first met, things had been going pretty stable in terms of friendship. Well...as stable as things could get between the two of you. Since that day, you two were fated to be rivals against one another in almost every way possible. Serena was the brains to your curiosity. She began to learn more about the technical side of pokemon and you took on the practical way of doing things. And both times, you two would insult one another and their style of pokemon practice.

And as time did move on, you two did spend some more time together as friends and rivals. And from the two of you, your friend group would grow thanks to Professor Sycamore's pokemon camp. From Trevor and Tierno and later on, Shauna when she moved into town. Things were actually going pretty good all things considered. And as you guys got a little older, Sycamore recognized not only yourself but Serena and everyone else's capabilities.

And so, on that day when Tierno finally turned 11, he called you all to his lab for s very special day. You all arrived at the lab and smiled as you waved to the others. And slowly, Sycamore walked onto the main field before the lab. He smiled as he looked at you all.

Sycamore: Well kids, are you all ready for today?

You all nodded, some smiles on your faces. Sycamore nods back as well as the others. He then waved you all to follow him inside and you moved in.

(Y/N): If you don't mind me asking, what's the deal Doc?

Serena: Professor.

Sycamore: Working on the Ph.D., thank you! And to answer your question young on, we have an exciting day planned ahead for you all.

(Y/N): Did you say that in the letter you sent out? But the details of this "fun day" are what exactly?

Serena glanced over to you, glaring a little. You looked at her and shrugged as you guys walked up to his table. Once there, he looked around the table and grabbed an object, and turned it around to show you all. It was a Pokeball.

(Y/N): Pokeball. Cool.

Sycamore: Yes and no. Pokeball. But not just any.

Serena: Our...Pokeball?

Sycamore nodded and you all looked at one another. You slowly grew a smile as he handed Tierno his poke ball first and moved it down the line. You moved the ball around in your hand, marveling at the structure and the feel of the Pokeball. Once everyone got theirs, Sycamore walked back up to his desk.

Sycamore: Now then. Your task today is to capture your own pokemon.

(Y/N): Wait? Really? We don't even have our starters? Are we going to get our starters?!

Trevor: Well, considering the fact we are over the age of 10, we are able to start our journey. And that reminds me. Professor. You and I have been working on that Pokédex for a couple of weeks. Was that all in preparation for this?

Sycamore: Not exactly, but I like the connection. I just wanted to document a couple of fresh species. No. The pokemon around the lab aren't nearly as old or as dangerous as the ones in later parts of the region. Therefore, easier to catch. And it's not going to be too difficult. I have research assistants already on standby.

Serena: Professor, don't you think this is a little dangerous?

(Y/N): Serena, you are aware we can grab a pokemon and leave home at the age of 10 right?

Sycamore: (Y/N) does have a point. Which is why I am happy some of you have decided to hang back. We wouldn't want any serious injures to the youth. And while I do agree with you, unless you want to start your journey here and now, this is a practice run. Understand?