Aftermath

When Shauna had given you the news, you booked it. And sadly, the reality was what it was. She couldn't find her happiness or a way out. It was just the pain for her, enough to...well yeah. You had suspended your travel plans for a few days, at least enough to go ahead and prep for the funeral. You had one suit anyway, so it was nice enough to go ahead and strap that on to honor her. You didn't even know who was going to be in attendance there at all. As far as you knew, it would be the gym leaders, you, Shauna, and maybe a few others.

Of course, the city would go out of its way to honor her. Just the private ceremony was going to be small. You got your suit on your body as you looked at yourself in the mirror. You glanced back to the door and saw Shanua walk on inside the room. She was kind enough to let you use the spare bedroom. You glanced at her, and she nodded. Together, the two of you drove down to the funeral home to get ready.

Serena's mother was there, as well as Olympia and the other gym leaders of Kalos. You had stayed relatively to yourself in the corner. You didn't want to intervene or upset anyone else here today. Not when they were already upset as is. However, Serena's mother walked up to you. She looked at you and nodded a little.

Grace: She was thankful for you. She said you tried to help.

(Y/N): I...I'm sorry. I couldn't just-

Grace nodded and continued down the way. You watched her and hung your head a little. A hand was placed on your shoulder, getting you to look over and see it was Shauna.

Shauna: Come on. We need to be in our seats.

(Y/N): R-Right.

You walked with Shauna and moved slowly enough to seem to be sulky. You sat down beside her in the pew and just sat there. You didn't really know what to do other than follow along. You had no real desire to really think or move for yourself. You were just upset and feeling down. Then again, you had no idea how either Shauna or her mother, or anyone else could really feel. You just looked around the ceremony guests to see their somber faces.

However, what shocked you was the fact you could see Tierno and a few members of his troop on the other side. You blinked a little in shock. You had no idea how that could have even happened. What shocked you more was seeing Trevor in the very far back. He was standing alone, arms crossed. It was almost like he was forced to come here.

Some anger swelled inside you as he had the nerve to even show up. You felt a sharp grip on your arm. You jerked back and saw Shauna was gripping onto you. You turned your head back to look forward to the eulogy by Serena's mother. You glanced at her and saw she had some anger and sadness mixed together in her eyes.

You took a deep breath and continued to watch a listen. You held your grip tight and waited. It wasn't long until the formal ceremony was over with and you paid your respects to your old friend. You guys then buried the body and left in silence. However, you did not. You stayed there at her grave, looking at the stone in the ground to symbolize your friend. You pinched the bridge of your nose as you looked down.

Shauna placed a hand on your shoulder again, standing beside you the whole time.

Shauna: We should go too.

(Y/N): Just a little more time.

Shauna: We don't have any more time. We need to get going.

You sighed and took a step back, rubbing your face a little more. As you looked up, you saw Tierno standing behind you with Shauna. He gave you a nod as you raised an eyebrow.

Tierno: Sorry, man. I...I wish I could have done more.

(Y/N): Yeah. We all do. Or maybe not all of us.

You looked past your giant friend to see Trevor still there. You formed a fist and pushed past Tierno straight to Trevor. He looked over at you and glared a little. You could hear Shauna and Tierno behind you telling you to stop. But you didn't care. Trevor looked you in the eye and let you sock him in the face. Tierno grabbed you and pulled you back after the third punch.

You growled a little and pushed back against Tierno. He looked over at you, and you glared back.

(Y/N): The hell are you doing here?! You are an asshole with no desire to do anything with us! Why now? Why now, you self-entitled piece of shit?!

Trevor whipped his mouth, getting some of the blood off of his lips. He slowly looked up at you and glared a little.

Trevor: I don't need to explain myself to you. If you wanted to know my reasoning, ask in a polite and honorable fashion or-

Shauna: Oh, for God's sake, he came here because he got fucking depressed about Serena too. And you (She pointed to Trevor) Get off your high horse. How many times have you put a gun in your mouth in the past few years?

Trevor: I...(Sighs) Touche.

Shauna rubbed her temples a little as she stepped away. Tierno twisted his thumbs around, looking down at the ground, clear sadness on his face. You pinched the bridge of your nose as you just stood there. Trevor said nothing, just looking down to the ground, seemingly pissed off. Shauna took a long deep breath and clapped her hands together as she looked at the three of you.

Shauna: I don't know what the hell either of you three are going to do now. Me? I'm getting a drink, and then I'm back to work. Housing market is exploding, and I want to get my paycheck.

Tierno: You don't even care.

Shauna: It's called moving on. It's what you do. She's dead. And there is nothing any of us can do about it.

Shauna looked over at you, still seeing you with your eyes closed in deep thought.

Shauna: (To you) Hell, I'm surprised you aren't breaking down about this. You were the one of all of us who wanted to fuck her and-

(Y/N): Shut. Up. Right now.

Your eyes opened, and you looked at her. You said nothing and started to walk away from the group. You didn't bother to look back, you just had to get out of there. You rubbed your eyes a little and just kept walking. You had no real what you would do from here. You didn't know about a road trip anymore. But you knew you couldn't handle Kalos anymore. You rubbed your cheeks a little and continued to step away.

You had made your way over to a nearby bar and crashed. You had ordered a few drinks and were taking shots left and right. You needed to forget your woes and troubles for a few moments. As you were taking a few shots, a hand came down and grabbed your wrist. You turned over and saw Tierno sitting beside you. You snarled a little and pulled back from his grip.

Tierno: I'm...sorry. For everything.

(Y/N): Yeah.

Tierno: You don't need to be hard on yourself. You didn't do anything wrong.

(Y/N): You don't know! You don't know what happened to her! You were out living your perfect fucking life! I was stuck, living here. Eating shit food. Working a shit job. Regretting at everything in existence! You don't know anything!

You slammed your hand down onto the bar. The tender walked over and crossed his arms, looking at you. You glared and groaned a little as you tossed over some money. You turned back to him and stood up.

(Y/N): Live your life. It's what she would want. In the meantime, don't bother with me. We both know you wouldn't care.

Tierno: (Y/N), you know that isn't true.

You walked out of the bar. You pushed your hands in your pockets and kept to yourself. You walked on down to the place you were staying and packed up your bags. You didn't want to try or do anything else. You just wanted to get an out of this place. You got your bags assembled, left a note for Shauna, and got the devil on out of there.

Reaching the bus station, you looked down at your Pokeball for Greninja. As the bus pulled up, you stepped on and sat down on one of the open seats. Leaning your head against the window, you watched as the cars drove by. As you left this cursed city for a new tomorrow.