Talking it Out

Serena and Olympia walked back to the gym together, surrounded by the same team of Guards as before. Olympia looked visibly uncomfortable as the guards stayed close to them both, almost marching as Serena looked forward unphased. Finally, the two entered the gym, and Olympia was escorted by Serena up to her office. With the door firmly closed and locked, Serena sat down at her desk and looked at her friend. She then gestured for her to begin.

Olympia: What happened?

Serena: You came over. A guard got pissy. So I fired him, and then-

Olympia: Not that. What happened to you? Where's your spirit? I thought everything was fine once Solomon was away from you.

Serena perked a little and looked Olympia in the eye. She sighed a little and leaned back in her seat.

Serena: Things...didn't go well. I shouldn't have left at all. I should have shot him dead.

Olympia: Who?

Serena: Both of them.

Serena said nothing to clarify from there. Olympia pinched the bridge of her nose as the other gym leader spun around and looked forward. Olympia looked at her, raising an eyebrow, silently asking her to answer the question. Serena stayed silent, just looking forward blankly. She yawned and went back to her work. However, Olympia reached forward and grabbed her arm to stop her. Slowly Serena looked over at her.

Olympia: You told me you were going out of town with your friend. What happened to-

Serena: He wasn't my friend.

Olympia: That's not what you told me. You told me he was your childhood friend and you were going to reconnect.

Serena: Times change. You just need to deal with it.

Olympia looked pissed as she stood up and leaned over the desk.

Olympia: Girl, I don't know what has gotten into you. But it's impacting you in all the wrong ways.

Serena: Maybe I just need some time to myself?

Olympia: You've been sulking to yourself for weeks. What you need to do is either get therapy for a change and go out. And I'm not talking about it with me.

Serena: What?

Olympia: I mean, go out and meet new people. I can come with you. But you need to start being social again. You need to take a deep breath and start to live your life again.

Serena: I am living my life.

Olympia: You think so? You think this is living? Do you know how little desk work we actually have? Especially you, who runs the 8th Gym? Yes, a lot of people come through and clear the gym, but you can't expect a new battle every single morning. Relax, take a trip. Get drunk. Go to the club. Just try something else. You need to get out of this rut.

Serena stayed turned away from her friend. She had a drinking glass in hand, spinning it a little. She didn't bother to answer Olympia then and there. She sighed and spun around slowly to the other gym leader.

Serena: Thank you, Olympia. I'll keep that in mind.

Olympia groaned and stood up.

Olympia: In other words, you won't.

Olympia walked out of the room. Serena turned back around to look out the window. After a couple of moments, she pressed a button on her desk to let her security team know she wanted the car packed and she wanted to head home for the day.

Ace County Homeless Shelter had a wide variety of rooms dedicated to helping people get on their feet. Ranging from bedrooms, kitchens, a small gym, and plenty of computers to look into new jobs. You couldn't be bothered to sleep the first night. You were in the computer room looking into new jobs around Kalos.