The Worst Day

Serena was forced to do another one of those PR dances she would do every so often for the sake of the League. It was something the Elite Four and the Champion also pushed for. She hated it. She never liked going to these things. Especially given her "date"...wasn't the best of people. Solomon was an outwardly decent, good build, nice talking man. But Serena knew who he was deep down. But still, she sat alongside other gym leaders as she watched the crowd have their formal. A small drink in hand, and food in front of her, Serena attempted to eat in silence.

That was until Gym Leader Jonathan spoke up to her.

Jonathan: Is everything alright, Serena?

Serena: Mhm? Oh yes. Perfectly alright.

She flashed him a smile. Jonathan had replaced Ramos around six years ago. Ramos had to retire, he was getting too old for battling in his eyes. So he handed the reigns over to Jonathan and since then, the younger trainer has been Coumarine City's Gym Leader for years. And since then, the two of them had been somewhat close friends.

Jonathan: Are you sure? You seem a little disinterested.

Olympia: He's not wrong.

Serena looked over to see Olympia, one of her idols had even noticed. She sighed a little before she went back to her food. Jonathan and Olympia both looked at one another a little worried before they turned back to her. Serena sighed again and stood up before she pushed in her chair.

Serena: I thank you for the concern. But I'm fine. Trust me.

Serena gave them both a smile as she stepped away and moved towards the dance floor. As she walked through, she could see the door and her escape. But before she could reach it, she felt a hand on her shoulder. She snapped her head back and looked back. Of course, standing there was Solomon smiling at her. He pulled her slightly, almost playfully. He pulled her into a hug and went out to her ear.

Solomon: Where do you think you're going?

Serena: Home. I'm not feeling too good.

Solomon pulled Serena in tighter, getting her to rest her head on his shoulder. He slowly spun himself around with her, making it appear the two were in a formal dance together. However, Serena knew exactly was what coming next as it had been for the past 2 years.

Solomon: (Whispering) I didn't say you could leave. What made you think you could?

Serena: My own free will.

Solomon: Not without me, you will. We wouldn't want you to run away and leave all those "friends" again. Not that you had them to begin with.

Serena: (Raises voice slightly) Don't you-

Solomon: Am I wrong? You said it yourself. You drove them away. Fought with each other. But it's ok. You didn't need them, did you?

Serena: I...

Solomon: Did you?

Serena: I guess not.

Solomon: Exactly. Look at you now. Perfect job, running life with the elite. You got me. And we both know you couldn't stand to lose your closest friend again, now could you?

Serena: I'm still not feeling well. Maybe I should-

Solomon: Do you want me to leave? Because it sounds like you want to be alone again.

Serena slowly tightened her grip on Solomon's shirt. Solomon smiled slyly to himself as he brought Serena in a little closer.

Solomon: Exactly. I don't want to leave you. I couldn't. But you need to stop making me want to leave.