The Hunt

You and Serena were driving on through the region of Kalos, trying to track down your old mutual friend Tierno. He had always wanted to be a performer, so you guys quickly got to work in tracking him down. Where to start? Well, that was quite easy. Just use the online database to try and find him. Track down a few of his shows, and bam. So, you guys had to get away from that lab first. Serena had made it a point to call Sycamore, too, filling him in on what had happened at the lab. Only leaving out the part where you punched Trevor in the face. That would come back. He would spill it.

You guys had gone down to a small coffee place, staying low and relaxing a little bit. You had a laptop out and were searching through everything. You were going into different regional shows, tv programs, movies filmed there, everything. Serena, on the other hand, was sitting across from you and sipping on some tea. She looked over at you as you were typing away and trying to find your mutual friend. She tapped the side of the cup, waiting to hear what you had to say on the matter.

Eventually, the tapping got a little annoyed. You turned your head over to her and cocked an eyebrow. Serena turned her head to you and stopped the tapping.

Serena: Found anything?

(Y/N): No.

Serena: Oh..then you might want to get on that.

You sighed a little and leaned back, sliding down and off of your chair. She looked down at you and saw you halfway down your chair. She raised an eyebrow this time.

Serena: What's up with you?

(Y/N): It's just so much!

Serena: It's the entertainment industry. What did you expect?

(Y/N): Then you get off of your high horse and start looking into things.

Serena rolled her eyes and took out her phone. As you started to search, Serena laughed a little and put her phone down onto the table.

Serena: Found him.

(Y/N): What?!

Serena pushed her phone up, and surely enough, it was a picture of Tierno. Or at least what he looked like nowadays. Tall, lean, and physically a bit more athletic looking. You looked over at her in amazement.

Serena: For someone who was working in editing, I am frankly amazed by the fact you didn't just bother to look up his name.

You groaned and closed the laptop, grumbling a little until you drank your coffee. She smiled and winked at you, getting up and dropping some money on the table to pay for your drinks. You followed her to the car, and you guys took off.

You stopped back at Serena's house to rest up, having a long day already occurred. So, after a good night's rest, Serena pointed you to the troop of actors he was a part of. The Roaring Inferapes. The troop went around the region, performing at different venues, shows, and more. Currently, they were up at Lumiose City. So, that would be your target.

You guys made the drive on up, getting to the capital of the region. You guys pulled into a public parking spot...only to be met with Lumiose City police on escort duty. You and Serena looked at each other and sighed, walking out and letting the whole thing go. On the upside, they were able to point you guys to the theater where the troop would be performing. You guys made your way down there, entering the main hall.

It was here where police escorts became useful, exploiting law enforcement powers to get backstage to see the show from there. As you guys were waiting there, your head popped out to watch the show.

Serena: What are you doing?

(Y/N): Checking things out. Don't worry about it.

Serena: I'm going to worry about it.

You laughed a little as you looked out to the stage and were able to spot someone who looked just like him. You smiled widely, knowing this would be it. You moved back into the stage some more and turned to Serena, nodding. She smirked back at you. As the current members walked back off stage, you and Serena moved up and grabbed what you guys had assumed was Tierno.

The figure turned around and gasped a little. His eyes shifted from Serena to you and then back to her. Quickly, the man laughed, smiled, and hugged you both, pulling you guys into a large huge. Your eyes were wide, surprised by the sudden reaction of Tierno. He spun you guys around and only let you guys go when there was a few moments to get cleared from the rest of the troop.

Tierno: Serena! (Y/N)! It is so good to see you both!

He hugged you guys a little tighter before letting you both go. He laughed some more and placed his hands on each of your shoulders.

Tierno: How have you been? Well?! Hopefully?

Serena: Uh..for the most part.

(Y/N): That was not the reaction we were expecting from this.

Tierno: Oh? Want me to be more mellow next time?

(Y/N): Oh no. Not complaining about it at all.

Tierno: Ah! So glad to hear it!

He laughed a little more, only stopped when he noticed someone was waving him over. He smiled and nodded, stepping upright.

Tierno: I can talk to you guys after the show. Till next time.

Tierno walked over to someone, presumably the director. You and Serena came together and were stunned by the display. You turned her and then back towards Tierno.

(Y/N): Well...

Serena: Uh..yeah...

(Y/N): He seems happy.

Serena: Happier than us.

You just shook your head. You really had nothing else to add to that.

(Y/N): I mean...he is doing what he wants. Can't really fault him for that. He always did say he wanted to be a performer.

Serena shrugged and agreed with you there. From that, you guys continued your back and forth, engaging with one another. She brought up some of her gym leader friends like Olympia or Clement and how they were doing. The media storm since the fallout with Solomon has been a big push, crushing each of them in a flurry of pressure.

Fortunately, no one held anything against Serena. At least personally. Sure, some of the leaders were annoyed by the regulations and restrictions and media presence in their day-to-day lives about the whole thing, but they still understood why it was all there in the first place. Something both you Serena admired and were thankful for. The last thing anyone wants is some strife with your co-workers, especially on a public stage such as this.

Still, you guys continued to watch Tierno's show, smiling as you saw not only his performance but also his troops. They were really good. Nothing insanely over the top, but really damn good. Once the show was done, you guys had to take a step back as the troop was running around like mad trying to pack up. In the chaos, two hands were placed on your shoulders. You both turned back and saw Tierno there.

Tierno: Hello, hello! There is a small cafe down the street. My troop leaves in the morning. Shall we?

You and Serena turned to one another and nodded. It would be time to catch up with your old friend. He was ecstatic, to say the least, as he laughed and placed his hands on both your backs, laughing the whole time.

Tierno: It is so good to see you both.

(Y/N): Likewise, man. I see someone got what they wanted in life.

Tierno: Indeed I did! I see Serena has become a world-class gym leader!

He laughed as he stood in front of her, hugging her slightly. You both were, once again, slightly taken aback by how peaceful it was. He let go of her and looked her in the eye with a somber look.

Tierno: I am so sorry.

Serena: It's ok. We can worry about that over dinner. You buy?

Tierno: So long as you entertain me.

Both Serena and Tierno laughed as they walked out. You were moving slowly behind them. In your mind, though, jealousy ran true. You were jealous of Tierno. Of his weight loss, his career, and his ability to talk to her all so...perfectly.

You hated yourself.