New Goal, Same Friends

It had been a few weeks since Professor Sycamore had tasked you and your friends to hunt down and capture some pokemon on your own...without a starter pokemon by your side. Yeah, even he had to acknowledge it was a pretty dumb idea. Especially since after a few hours, only Serena had a pokemon to her name and that was through sheer luck. But regardless, you guys were able to learn the basics of pokemon capturing. Now, more than ever before, you guys were ready to start up on your journey.

In doing so, you had called your friends together to head out to a small campsite in the woods and have some fun before heading out to Sycamore's and starting up your adventures together. The first one to arrive at the campsite was Shauna followed closely by Tierno and Trevor. Surprisingly enough, it was Serena who took the longest to show up. And when she did show up, you guys were already working on cooking up some s'mores.

Serena: Hey guys! Sorry!

Shauna: It's no big deal.

(Y/N): Grab some mellows!

Serena nodded a bit and walked over to the bag and took out a couple. As she was doing so, you looked over and saw Trevor was more focused on the Pokedex in his hand than anything else.

(Y/N): So...you gonna catch 'em all, Trevor?

Trevor: Not exactly. The plan is just to continue to help Professor Sycamore with some new research ideas. Finding new species and documenting them along with Mega Evolutions, that in my opinion, is so much more interesting than battling.

You were a bit stunned by the notion. Research? More fun than battles and becoming champion. Before you could get your reply in, Serena beat you to the punch.

Serena: That sounds like fun. I had no idea you were considering that path.

Trevor: It just seems more interesting to me. Plus, I'm not really the biggest fan of battling. Unlike you and (Y/N).

Shauna: Yeah. Same here. Not too big into battling.

(Y/N): Then what's the end goal for you?

Shauna: Tierno and I have been thinking of starting up an entertainment business together. He's the talent, I'll handle everything else. Shouldn't be that hard, right. I mean...I can't battle for anything.

Serena: You don't know that. You haven't been in a proper battle at all. You really can't judge that right now.

Shauna: Maybe. But I just really don't feel like I would be good at it.

Serena: Never know till you try.

Trevor: Well, to be fair, we never came to the lab every day to practice battling against one another.

Trevor gestured at you and Serena both with that comment. Serena looked at you and saw that you were looking at her. Halfway into your mouth was a smore. As you both locked eyes with one another, you blinked a little before putting the rest in your mouth and swallowing it all down at once. You held up a finger to tell everyone to wait while Serena turned back to the others.

Serena: Well, it was mostly his idea. No idea why that was, however!

You swallowed the treat and licked your fingers a little before shooting up and smiling widely.

(Y/N): I won more battles! Just saying it now!

Serena: And how do you know exactly?! And how is that important to all of this?!

You reached into your jacket and tossed a pad of paper over to Serena. She looked at it, completely stunned. An entire win-loss ratio over the last 3 years between you two battling. She looked up at you as walked over and got another smore going.