Choices Beware

You were in the computer room once more, just browsing the internet and working on your resume as you waited to hear back from a few places. You were just watching a video on editing tips as you were bored out of your mind. As you were sitting there, the door to the room opened and you heard someone walk up to you. Which wasn't out of the ordinary since the room itself was very often used. You glanced back and saw Michael smile and walk over to you, sitting down in the chair beside you.

Michael: How's the job hunt going?

(Y/N): Decently, I would say. What's going on today?

Michael: Nothing much. Just seeing how you were doing. It's been 5 days since you showed up here.

(Y/N): So?

Michael sighed and patted your shoulder a little as he stood up.

Michael: Just making sure you are adjusting well, is all. Son, do you ever think about therapy?

(Y/N): (Scoffs) I would if I could afford it.

Michael: How about you go upstairs and talk to Mary? She handles a lot of therapy stuff. You could always go there if you need someone to talk to and-

You got up and walked past Michael. You weren't even going to this Mary woman. You didn't want therapy. You wanted things to go back to normal. You wanted things to be back to a few months ago...you wanted your friends back, damnit. And now you realistically had nothing left to your name. You walked out of the shelter and down the street. You just wanted to be alone right now.

You rubbed your face a little and kept on walking, wanting to get away from it all in all actuality. You stopped at a bus stop and looked to see said vehicle driving towards you. Your hand clenched up into a fist as you inhaled a deep breath. The door opened, and a few people got on and off. You looked to the door and debated with yourself. You took a deep breath and continue to walk, not getting on the bus.

You continued to walk down the street, stopping when you saw the gym down the road. You gripped your fist together as you looked down at it. You glared slightly and just kept walking. You didn't want to even think about a gym battle at all. You continued your slow walk through the city. As you did, a car passed you by, driving down the road at a great deal of speed.

You glanced back, just observing it. You could have sworn you saw Serena in there. You just glanced back and watched as it drove away. You rolled your eyes and continued to walk down the street, hands in your pockets. You pinched the bridge of your nose a little and kept going.

As it was, that was Serena. She was driving down towards Sycamore's lab. She needed to see what could happen. She looked at the picture Delphox had found her. As she drove down the road, she played out the idea in her head over and over again. However, as she approached the lab a few moments later, she pulled into the lot and stopped herself from moving.

She groaned a little and placed her head down onto the wheel of her car. Tapping the wheel a little as she looked down. Finally, with another groan, she threw her head up and back.

Serena: What am I doing? This is bloody insane. But...ARGH.

Serena groaned a little more. However, she got out of the car and took a deep breath. She walked out and glanced around slowly. She stopped herself from moving into the door, just more nervous than anything else. However, she walked into the lab, and she could see Trevor sitting on a bench.

Trevor: If you have any value, you will leave now. Before I make you.

Serena: Nice to see you too.

Trevor: My point stands.