New Tomorrow (Epilogue Part 2)

You reached Kanto a few days later, crashing down at your contact's place. Luckily, you were able to find some work nearby, getting the chance to go ahead and work again. However, work wasn't really any better. You were really just a groundskeeper at a park nearby, and while the pay was good and the people there cool, you didn't find much time to truly enjoy yourself anymore. Life slowly returned to a sense of normalcy thereafter. Didn't mean things were good mind you but things were...well they were doing alright for you you guessed.

Three months later, working at that park and you could afford an apartment just down the road from work. It was a nice place, and you were happy to have a larger apartment to call home. Still, that didn't stop the feeling deep inside of you. The feelings of dread, despair, and hopelessness that burned at your core. It wasn't just about Serena. It was also about you and your life choices. Serena's death still got to you. And frankly, it didn't help that the entire friend group truly did die there.

For a brief moment, all four of you had come together to honor your friend. And now...now you weren't even sure if you guys gave enough of a crap to even breathe the same air as one another. So, there you were, really, just sitting on your hands with nothing to really do or say. Just go to work, come home, crash and rinse and repeat. At least the work there got you into shape, making you feel a little bit better about your self-image. Of course, you had still been working out since Kalos, but that really wasn't much of the point. But then there was also the issue of your pokemon. Or lack thereof.

You had released a majority of your team to the wild. They were just kept in their poke balls for a good while and really only Greninja helped around the house. It was frankly for the best, and you were still unsure if Greninja would even stay with you, but he did. But that doesn't really matter now. Currently, you were driving down the road coming home from work after a long day. You got into your parking deck and made your way to your third-floor apartment, and crashed down onto the couch.

Greninja walked over and looked at you a little. Your eyes opened slightly and looked at him.

(Y/N): I know, I know. I just don't want to cook anything.

Greninja crossed his arms and tapped his foot. You groaned and got up, walking over to the kitchen and getting work done. You whistled a little as you worked. But that didn't really make things the best they could be. But hey, you didn't really care at the end of the day. You guys sat down together to eat while watching the news.

(Y/N): Seems like another bank robbery by Rocket. That's what like what, the third one this month?

Greninja shrugged his shoulders. You rolled your eyes and slumped a little as you ate more of your soup. As you were eating, you felt your phone go off on the nearby countertop. You groaned a little and went to get up, but Greninja glared at you.

(Y/N): I know. No phones at dinner. But come on, man.

Greninja kept up his glare. You rolled your eyes and grabbed your phone. You were a bit taken aback, but who you saw was calling you.

(Y/N): Shauna?

You answered it.

(Y/N): Hey?

Shauna: Hey (Y/N)y! (She coughs) How's it going?

(Y/N): Oh Christ, are you drunk? Is that why you are calling me?

Shauna: I-I'm with Tierno now! He's in town too!

Tierno: I'm keeping her safe!

You pinched the bridge of your nose as you groaned in annoyance.

Shauna: W-When are you coming back? We have a surprise for you!