Hello Champion

You were walking down the halls of the Champion's Palace, a recently constructed center within Santalune City nearby the Elite Four. It was something the four proposed to you as a way to make the city seem more powerful. The city's economy was greatly benefitted off of the hall. It was a nice tourist site. So, it was built. Granted, you weren't living there. You worked there, but you didn't live there. And dear God you could never live there. People coming in and out at all hours of the day. That was a pain.

Of course, it had been 10 years since you started up on your pokemon journey, but still, that wasn't much of a job anyway. Especially given everything that happened. But that wasn't the most important thing. Now, you were walking through the halls towards your office. Once you got inside the small room, you moved towards your desk and sat down at it.

You whipped your face and pulled up your editing software and the footage from Diantha's latest battle. Especially since Wikstorm of the Elite Four attempted to take her place as Champion...again. It wasn't a fulfilling life, but it had its ups and downs. Still, it wasn't the best job you had hoped for. Hell, you wanted that Champion title. But sometimes, you just were never destined for something like that. Time flew by a little as you finished up editing the battle together in a flashy sense with different angles and whatnots. From there, you emailed the file over to your boss and were able to call it a day.

It was a long day, to say the least. You had gotten to the office around 8 o'clock in the morning and left about 14 hours later. You were able to slowly call it a day and got back to your small apartment and crashed down on your couch. You were too tired to even try and get food at all. You just needed to rest. So what little strength you had left in you, you used to flip on the TV to try and watch something fun.

You flipped through a few channels and quickly stopped yourself on a report. It wasn't anything special, just talking about the new gym leader's most recent battle. What mattered to you though was who the new gym leader is.

Serena. Your friend. You're old, really didn't want anything to do with you, friend. She had beaten another challenger and let another one slip on by. You watched in a bit of annoyance as she still got to live out her life.

Serena: We of course. He was a promising young trainer. I look forward to seeing where he goes!

(Y/N): Psh. Yeah. Of course.

As you pushed yourself back onto the couch, you saw your old friend and partner move into the room with you.

(Y/N): Greninja! Good to see you lad!

Greninja grunted as he walked past you and slapped your stomach. You groaned a little as Greninja moved onward.

(Y/N): Alright, alright. Sorry work has busted my balls!

You sighed as you stood up and watched as Greninja walked back into the back room which you had given to the pokemon. You sighed a little as you saw him walk away. Afterward, you sauntered on over to the bedroom and crashed down on your smaller twin-sized bed. You sighed as you pushed your body up and rest a little. Still, the entire time, you couldn't help but think how the hell did any of this happened to you? And why did it have to happen? And it makes sense.

Holy hell were you a terrible person. To not only yourself, but to those around you. You had done everyone so wrong. But what happened nearly 10 years ago...was the current you really meant to suffer through all because the actions of a child? Granted, that child was you...but still. It hurt. And it hurt just thinking about it all over again and again.

Unknown to you, in the same city just a few miles from your shotty apartment, Serena was finishing up a lovely shower. She sighed a little as she dried off her hair and walked back into her master bedroom. Sitting over on her couch was Delphox, eating some pokemon food. She smiled at her partner as she crawled up into the bed.

Serena: Anything interesting on TV, girl?

Delphox shook her head a little as a reply. Serena sighed a little as she got herself more comfortable in the bed. As she flipped through a bit, she saw the same report you were watching earlier. She sighed a little at seeing it despite Delphox smiling up at her.

Serena: Oh sure, it's kinda cool, but it's the same story. X trainer has potential. Every trainer has potential. All that matters is how that trainer uses that potential. Like...

Delphox turned back to Serena and cocked an eyebrow. Serena shook her head and waved it off.

Serena: It doesn't matter. We have work in the morning. Get some rest, Delphox.

Delphox nodded and stood up and moved out of the room. Serena killed the lights as she sunk down a little into the bed. She still had to wonder...whatever came of her once closet friend and greatest rival of her life. She always did wonder about you. The boy across the street.

You were shocked awake when your alarm clock went off. Your eyes slowly opened as you yawned and slowly got up and rubbed your eyes. You slammed your hand down on your clock and you looked over at it. 6:30 in the morning. You yawned again and got up from bed and moved out into the hallway. From there, you walked down the stairs to the gym in the basement of the building.

It wasn't much but it was nice to have to stay in somewhat good shape. Although, you only stayed down there for about 20 to 40 minutes every day. You would stay there more if it wasn't for the fact that work and you already had no desire to work out at all. Honestly, ever since the day you and Serena went your separate ways, it was almost impossible for you to do anything with your life with any motivation.

Your rut was slowly taking over your life. And truth be told, it was going to ruin you completely if you didn't find some way to fix it. But that was aside the point. You had stuff you need to get done. Once you were done with workouts, it was right into the shower then getting dressed. Just before you left, you turned into the kitchen and pointed at Greninja.

(Y/N): Remember your chores! And don't forget to work out yourself.

Greninja gave you an unamused glare as you sighed a little.

(Y/N): I swear we will get back into battling soon! So, drop the attitude and get to work.

Greninja glared at you as you walked out of the apartment and down to work. And like always at this small cubical-like office, it was your job to sit down, look at the raw footage from a few days ago and edit it together for highlights before sending it out to be posted across the internet or aired on Kalos TVs. Again, it wasn't a bad job. You were able to meet some people in the film industry, work alongside them and pick up some tips and tricks on promotions, techniques, and things like that. Basic stuff when one really thought about it. But at the same time, since when did you care about stuff like that?

When you arrived at the office, it was a simple task of grabbing some coffee, making some small talk with a few of your co-workers before heading out to your own space and doing work there. And like that, you were stuck at your computer, editing footage together, fixing some other parts, and just trying to do your best. And then after around 6 hours of this, you called it your first break. Just like yesterday and the day before that, and the day before that and so forth and so on.

You weren't happy doing this. Needless to say, the rut was slowly taking over every bit of your life. And it's not like you had friends here either. Sure, you made small talk but outside of that, you never really did much of anything. Oh sure people did talk to you as well, and made attempts to get you to hang out, but you really didn't want to.

So, you went back to work, editing, rendering, and compositing video footage for the Champion's office.

Your hands slid down your face in some pain. Yep...this is the life now.