Morning Party

You had slowly awoken the following morning, the same situation as the day prior. You had smacked your lips together and slowly got up to your feet. You stretched a little and saw Greninja open your blinds. You shielded your eyes a little as the light beat down on your harshly. You sighed a little and turned to Greninja, and raised your hands. He didn't speak but walked over to your door, opened it, and pointed out of the door. You blinked a little and groaned. You stepped out as your day had to start here and now. And, of course, it had to start with morning workouts.

Despite everything that had been going on in your lives, you still found it best to go ahead and do these workouts to stay in shape. You walked down the stairs to the foyer of the house. You were the first one awake, you typically were. The only reason you weren't yesterday was that Greninja basically allowed you to have a morning off. Still, once you got outside with your pokemon, it was right back to work.

You two would always run a mile, going around Serena's neighborhood at least twice. It was a good way to really get the blood pumping in the morning. As you were moving though, a small thought popped inside your head. That was mainly what was going to happen with Shauna? Did she need to go to work today? If so, her car would be in a lot somewhere. What if it got towed? Damnit, that will be quite the pretty penny to get out of an impound lot. Could she take off work at all? It seemed to you that she was working her butt off all the time. Getting her up and driving her down to the office would be a pain.

Still, you would have to do what would be necessary. You sighed a little as you kept moving. However, you were slowing down a bit due to the questions persisting in your mind. Greninja ran up beside you and slammed your ass. You yelled a bit and glared back at him. He shrugged it off and darted forward.

You rolled your eyes and followed in closely behind him, picking up the pace. While you did want to focus on these important questions, they would have to wait as Greninja would work you to the bone. So, you had to focus on your partner and your friend. After about an hour of the run, you guys finally slowly made your way back to Serena's place. Once you did, you saw that police were around it with some guards.

You groaned a little as you walked up to the home and pushed through some people. Once you reached the front, you saw a cop there raise a hand to you.

Police: Please. Stay back.

(Y/N): Stay back? I live here!

Police: Sir, please, the only people to live in this house is the gym leader and her pokemon.

You looked at the officer with a dead-panned look. You grabbed your phone and clicked on Serena's contact info.

Serena: Hello?

(Y/N): Hey. Can you let me in?

Serena: Uh...oh..police escort.

(Y/N): Police escort.

Serena: I got you.

You waited for a few seconds until a signal went out and hit the officer's phone. He sighed a little and opened the gate slightly.

Police Officer: Sir.

You gave him a smile and a nod and walked into the house. You groaned a little and walked up to the kitchen from the front door.

(Y/N): Will someone tell me why there is a police escort and an army of press outside the house?

As you walked into the main living area, you saw Shauna nice and awake, sitting at the table as Serena was across from her. Both women had turned to look at you. You raised your shoulders and looked back at each of them.

(Y/N): Well?

Serena: Bunch of legal stuff. Mostly because good old Solomon has been charged with conspiracy as well. The courts are really pushing down on him, especially the DA.

(Y/N): Why does it feel like a massive crime thriller?

Shauna: Because it is.

(Y/N): Fair point.

Shauna: So, where have you been this morning?

(Y/N): That depends. Where were you last night?

Shauna gave you an annoyed glare. You smirked at her and walked on over to join the two.

(Y/N): So, what is this? Witness protection?

Serena: For the most part. But for right now, we have more important things to handle.

Both you and Serena shifted your eyes from one another over to Shauna. She sighed and raised her hands slightly defensively.

Shauna: Alright, alright. I understand. Well, where do you guys want to start us off?

(Y/N): Well, how about when you just dipped on us?

Serena: Could you phrase it in a better fashion?

(Y/N): What do you mean a better fashion? She dipped out on us just as the journey kicked off. If any chance, it is the perfect way to describe it.

Serena: Well, you sound like a condensing piece of garbage. Sounds like you are just proving Trevor right.

(Y/N): Oh, oh! Low blow!

Shauna: Will you two just get a room together?! Or, at the very least, try one date!

You and Serena looked at each other. Quickly, you both turned your heads back to Shauna.

(Y/N) and Serena: Go already!

Shauna rolled her eyes and smiled a bit. However, that smile dropped once she looked down to her morning tea. It was here that everything fell apart.

Apparently, Shauna had grown tired of the constant arguing, only finding value in you all since you guys were quick to accept her. But the second she knew new friends could be made, she went off. It was this solace that gave her some ideas. Ideas that frankly were true. You guys were children. You shouldn't be out on a journey like this. It is insane. So, she made the choice once she arrived at the first gym city.

Once there, Shauna apparently got a ride back home to Aquacorde Town. Once there, Shauna lived life as she wanted to. For the most part. See, Shauna's parents really wanted her to become a champion in something pokemon related. So, when she dipped out of that lifestyle completely...well, yeah. Things are home kinda got rough.

Not physical abuse, but the resentment was building and fast. Eventually, things exploded, and Shauna ran away to go up north towards Shalour City to live with her grandparents. She continued to live there for a few more years until she went to college and went through with a degree in mathematics. Wanting to explore the world some more, Shauna went ahead and moved down to Santalune City to check it out.

It was here when she landed her job, and she started to work. Of course, she thought it would only be a small-time gig. Not turning into her career. And now here she was, stuck there with no real other place to go. She wasn't doing well financially. No fault of her own, it was just the pay was starting to get to her. She needed to sell big. And she just wasn't getting it, mostly due to her shy nature of things and how hyper-competitive the field was.

Which brought you to today. She was holding her cup, a little shaken as well. It seemed almost like a bad dream to her. Still, it was the closure you guys needed. With that said, you and Serena turned to one another and back over to Shauna.

Serena offered to drive her back to her apartment, something Shauna agreed to. You stayed and cleaned up the house a little. You had no real desire to do it. You just felt like you had to do something. You were happy you got the closure you needed. And now, it was all going to be a matter of making amends. Serena and Shauna were doing that as you were thinking things over. As for what came next, hell...no one really knew. But you did know one thing. You were going to try to make things better. No matter what.