Ace County Shelter

You had let out a few tears, enough to earn Shauna's sympathy for a little while. You pushed it all to the side and took in a deep breath once she sat down beside you. You had whipped the tears from your face now, slowly calming yourself down a little more. You took a deep breath and slowly calmed down again, and curled up to yourself. Shauna sighed and leaned back in her own seat.

Shauna: I started volunteering here. After we talked again. It did get me thinking. But you didn't do much to convince me otherwise.

You hung your head a little. Hunching down and rubbing your face a little. Shauna placed her hand on your shoulder. You glanced over to her and slowly sat up, and rubbed your face a little more.

Shauna: So, what the hell happened to you then?

You took a deep breath and slowly sat up.

(Y/N): Things...didn't go well with Serena. We had a fight. She essentially kicked me out of her life. So, I have no job, very little money left, no one wants me around...Christ.

You pulled on your biceps a little, drawing a bit of blood from your left arm. Shauna must have taken notice because she got up and placed her hand on your shoulder.

Shauna: I'll get you a kit. Stay put.

Shauna ran over to a small table on the other side of the floor. You just sat there, looking around and feeling ashamed of yourself. You wanted to get out of there and beg. Beg for your old job back. What was wrong with you? You were so obsessed with reclaiming your youth that now, look at it, it was all falling down around you. You took a deep breath and heard a chair pull up in front of you.

Your eyes opened as it was a middled aged man sitting across from you. He gave you a warm smile.

(Y/N): C-Can I help you?

Michael: No. They do that here. Name's Michael.

He smiled and offered his hand. You slowly took it and shook it. He pulled back after two shakes and smiled again. You didn't bother to return it. You were just confused and scared really as to what was going to happen next.

Michael: So, I see you're new to all this.

(Y/N): That's one way to describe it, yes.

Michael: Don't worry about it, kiddo. Things like this happen to a lot of people. I've been at this gig for the past 2 years.

(Y/N): Gig? You work here?

Michael laughed a little, hitting his knee ever so slightly. He gave you a wide smile in return.

Michael: No. I've been homeless for 2 years.

You stopped yourself and looked at him. You were confused still.

(Y/N): Two years and still homeless?

Michael: Well, I'm employed. But paychecks don't really cover housing. Just..food and medicine, and some doctor visits. I'd...rather be homeless than give up that stuff. But I'm getting there. We all are. Come on.

Michael stood up and smiled at you. You glanced over and saw Shauna standing off to the side. She gestured to Michael and nodded toward you. You sighed a little and stood up and walked with him. You two walked down the floor together, checking out the whole area. He smiled as you guys approached a table with a few people there. Hell, even some pokemon.

Micheal: Lads. Ladies. We've got a new face here. Treat him well, if you don't mind.

The others at the table turned and looked over at you. Some tipped their hats, others waved, but one woman said nothing and kept playing cards. Michael patted you on the shoulder and walked off.