Drunken Rage

Your eyes slowly opened as you slapped your lips once you come to wake. You shook your head a little and cracked your neck. You glanced over to your hand and saw that there was a drink glass in there. The door knocked to your hotel room. You smacked your lips a little and stand up, walking over to the door and opening. The other side had a hotel worker standing there. He was taken aback by your appearance.

Worker: Uh...

(Y/N): Can I help you?

Worker: Your bill, sir.

(Y/N): Right, right. Thanks. Give me a moment.

You closed the door and walked to the closet. You looked at the few pieces of clothing and sighed. You grabbed a few clothes and packed up the rest. You got into the shower and washed the smell of alcohol off of your body. You sighed and rubbed everything off of your person. It was slightly calming for you to feel relaxed here. You walked out and got a few things back used and cracked your back a little.

You looked over to your things on the bed and took in a deep breath. You grabbed her things and went to the window, and opened it. Without a second thought, you grabbed onto the gutter and crawled down to the outside first floor. You crawled up the hill and got into the street, walking down rapidly. This was the third time you had done this, escaping from hotels and not paying at all. You left the room key in there, so they would be fine.

You yawned a little and smacked your lips. You cracked your neck as you walked on down the road. It had been a few weeks since you and Serena had separated. And while it was a little depressing to think about for a good while, you also had to push through it. You kept walking to the bus station and waited. You sat there in silence, rubbing your eyes a little.

The guy beside you on the bench looks over to you. He takes out a cigarette and waves it over to you. Your eyes catch him, and raise your eyebrow.

(Y/N): Yes?

Old Smoker: It looks like you could use a smoke.

You cocked an eyebrow and looked at him. He raised an eyebrow as well and gestured for the cigarette. You shook your head and looked forward blankly. The bus rolled in a few moments later after the guy started to puff the smoke. Once the bus rolled up, you got on and drove off down the street. You tapped your stomach and leaned against the window. You looked out the window and sighed a little. You rubbed your eyes some more as you just let your mind linger a little.

You had no idea where the bus was taking you. You had only your pokemon and the clothes on your back and in your bag. You sighed a little and looked up to the sky to survey it a little. Still, in your eyes, you had to wonder, what Serena was doing about now.

And currently, Serena was back home. She was sitting on her balcony, watching the sunrise. She patted her stomach a little and looked out across the valley of Kalos. Delphox walked out onto the balcony and stood beside Serena with a cup in tea in her hand. Serena waved her hand to shush the pokemon away. She nodded and stepped back as Serena looked out a bit more. She took a deep breath and stood up suddenly.

Serena: Delphox. What battles do we have scheduled for the day?

Delphox shook here head and went through the schedule before shaking her head again.

Serena: Alright then. Guess we can go into the gym anyway. Let's get going.

Serena yawned a little and got up, stretching a little. She rubbed her eyes and walked to her room to get ready. After the fight, she didn't bother to find you again. She just assumed you were off on your own again. So, she returned back home and stayed in her manor for the next few days. No thoughts of you either entered her headspace until this morning.

Serena walked into the gym within the city and directly to her office. Some hellos here and there but it was nothing of real significance. She sat down at the office desk and went ahead and started working. Work was really just sitting down and going over the battles and marketing. Nothing really all that exciting but whatever.

She yawned a little and covered her mouth. Her lips smacked slightly as she tried to be a little active. She leaned back in her seat and tapped her desk.

Serena: Come on, think. Think Serena. What to do?

Serena tapped her finger again as she looked over her computer. Records showed off that the last battle at the gym was a few weeks ago. She groaned a little and tapped her finger some more. After just spending a few seconds there, she stood up and walked out of the office. She was bored and needed something to do. She grabbed onto a balcony and sighed a little.

Elsewhere, you got off of the bus, and walking the streets of Anistar City. You walked, seemingly disconnected from everything. You walked up to a homeless shelter and up to the front desk. The woman up front smiled at you and waved a little.

Front Desk Woman: Hello there. How can we help you today?

(Y/N): Just need some food...and a place to stay for the night.

Front Desk Woman: Ah. It's alright, sir. You can go ahead in the back. We will make sure you are cared for.

You nodded and walked inside. You rubbed your neck a little and sat down on a lone chair in the corner of the floor. You leaned back and rub your face a little. Taking a deep breath, you looked over the entire floor. Some people play chess, while others drink coffee and watch TV. You sighed a little and curled up to yourself. You sighed a little as a poke ball from your waist popped open, and out came Greninja.

(Y/N): What is it now?

Greninja crossed his arms and tapped his foot, seemingly very impatient. You sighed a little and groaned.

(Y/N): Where was I supposed to go? I can't exactly sneak off of a moving bus like I can at a hotel.

Greninja looked at you, bored. You glared at him and opened your poke ball, and absorbed him back inside.

(Y/N): Don't come out unless you have something useful to say.

You crossed your arms and leaned back against the wall. It felt like hours until someone walked up to you and offered you a drink. You asked for some coffee, and that was all. Small talk wasn't really the top priority of yours. You still had your checking and banking accounts which were fine. The only concern was spending what little money you had left. You hit your head on the wall a few times as you thought things over.

You should have just stuck with your job. You should have gone with what you got. You should have never done what you did. But...look at what you did do. You got an abusive bastard away from your childhood friend, you got the thought in a few people's heads about what to do with their lives. And you at least got to see everyone again. That... seems pretty sweet, actually.

Still, that didn't stop the thoughts about what happened recently between the two of you. You gripped onto your arms, letting the thoughts slam into you. The fight, calling you her ex, all the pain that slammed into your head. You took deep breaths over and over again. You were slowly about to hyperventilate. However, that all snapped when you heard a voice.

Shauna: What are you doing here?

Your eyes shot open, and you darted over to see Shauna standing behind you. She had her arms crossed, looking a little annoyed to see you. You took in a deep breath and turned back towards her. You raised an eyebrow as she sat down beside you.

(Y/N): Depends on what are you doing here?

Shauna: I asked you first.

(Y/N): I asked you second.

Shauna groaned and stood up.

Shauna: Alright. Fine then.

(Y/N): Wait!

Shauna stopped and turned back to you. You went to say something but you couldn't. You could feel some tears in your eyes start to form.

You finally began to cry.