change of heart

(ryujin's pov)

you know, I've always had bad luck with love, romance, and even liking somebody in general. whether it be problems with myself or my 'dating ban', something has always come in between the way of love, and therefore, I promised myself to just ignore it, to lock up and never resurface any feelings I have/feel for somebody, to ignore the person themselves, and to never love at all.

but as I was sitting here next to this girl I met only a couple weeks ago, who was driving me back to her home, i thought to myself that maybe i could have a change of heart.

I mean, if this girl could almost make me risk getting hypothermia just because I didn't want to bother her while she was sleeping so peacefully, and not even that— as cold as it was, I took off my hoodie and was left with only a thin t-shirt, just so she could be warm, then what's to say a potential heartbreak could be worse?

I looked down at our joined hands, our hands that always seem to unconsciously find their way into each other, as if they naturally belonged there. I then looked up at jangmi, her attention solely on the road in front of her. she was silent, but I didn't mind. it was relaxing and something I've been longing for a while: not someone demanding or needing anything from me, but instead someone offering to care for me, for once.

I returned my gaze to the road ahead, smiling to myself. there's still a lot left to know about this girl, but one thing I do know is— she was destined to be mine.