everything i need

(jangmi's pov)

turns out I interpreted that smiley face wrong.

waayy wrong.

not only does yeji not know about ryujin and i's confessions, she didn't even know we saw each other outside of the dance studio.

unless she's faking it and actually does know.

probably not.

I shoo'ed ryujin to the back of my mind, forgetting about her and instead paying attention to her best friend, who actually made the effort to try and spend time with me!

we were currently baking and listening to one of my old albums, even after I insisted on taking it off.

she gasped, "no! you know, out of all of the artists itzy listens to, you'd have to be our most listened one, and here you are telling me to take it off, the audacity!" she exclaimed, pretending to be hurt.

I rolled my eyes at her exaggeration, "yea yea, now finish those cookies, yeji." I said, ignoring her comment.

I put the trays in the oven and was about to go wash my hands when yeji called me over.

"jangmi, I need help with the flour." she said, as I saw her struggling to pour it into the measuring cup. I quickly walked and stood beside her to hold the cup for her while she pours the flour, when immediately, out of nowhere, I saw her hand swing back and throw flour on my head.

I gasped, "yeji! what was that for?" I whined, my neck stiff, afraid the flour could pour down everywhere any second now, as I watched her cracking up.

with seeing my frozen position, she started adding more flour on my head. fed up, I grabbed it off of my head and threw it back on her, not caring to make a mess, anymore.

"haha, you look so pretty with flour all over you." I sarcastically teased, watching her frozen in shock at the mess I threw at her.

she looked up at me with rage in her eyes, "you little-" she said, but pausing, as she slowly reached her hand to grab an egg. my eyes widened as I realized what she was going to do and I immediately ran away from her.

"come back here!" she yelled, as she was chasing me around the kitchen.

I ran into the corner, mentally cursing myself for running into where I'd be trapped. I had nowhere to go, and there yeji was, slowly approaching me with an egg in her hand wanting to break it on me.

she chucked, "nowhere to go now, huh?"

I nervously laughed, "yeji, now come on, I threw flour at you, not an egg!" I defended, not looking forward to having egg on my head. "please?" I whined, giving her puppy eyes.

she paused for a moment, "fine," she said, a smirk forming on her lips, "I won't crack this egg on you—on one condition, though."

I looked at her, and slowly nodded. "oookay, which is..?" I said, nervous for whatever she had in mind.

"do you trust me?" she asked, avoiding my question, as she stepped closer to me.

I nodded, "I do."

and with that, she closed the gap between us and connected her lips with mine. at first, I was surprised, but then I remembered ryujin and our kiss(es) we shared, and immediately closed my eyes and kissed her back, wanting to do anything to get the thought of ryujin away.

the kiss didn't last long, as we were too distracted to notice the door open and someone walking in and clearing their throat.

immediately, upon noticing the sound of somebody else, I gently pushed yeji off of me.