worst that could happen

(ryujin's pov)

"wait.. so you're saying within the time span of 3 months, you met jangmi, had this whole crazy random connection with a flower, kept coincidentally meeting each other, got her to break up with her boyfriend for you, FOUND your moms old diary in which both her and yours were also in love, and now you two are seeing each other?" lia summed up as i nodded.

after that night jangmi said she'd like to continue, all that was on my mind was on how to continue and the first thing i thought of was to inform all of my closest friends, starting with lia.

but it seemed like she was having a hard time processing everything—- which i dont blame her for. everything is confusing and all over the place.

"basically." i simply responded.

she shook her head, "okay, but how did you get to all of this, do all of this and no one noticed. right under our noses, too. i knew you two liked each other, but not to this extent, and definitely not with those circumstances."

i gently slapped her shoulder, "that's because you don't pay enough attention to me!" i teased, as i watched her once-confused face relax a little.

"okay okay, but again, how were you able to do all this while we are being recorded 24/7. are you not afraid of getting caught?" she said, returning to her serious face as she crossed her arms with concern.

she was right. if not before, but definitely now because of the reality show we're doing. cameras everywhere, staff every corner of every room, and no privacy whatsoever. not to worry, though, because nothing would ever happen.

i sighed, "i dont know, but all i do know is that we won't get caught. we'll be careful and considerate. especially since i don't want to mess things up this time." i said, carefully combing my hair with my fingers as i watched lia zoning out, thinking of thoughts only she would know about.

after a few moments she looked at me again, "you have my support. you know the girls and i will always support you." she offered, but her tone made it seem like she had more to say.

"except yeji." i mumbled, not expecting her to hear it.

she leaned in, "im sorry, did you say yeji? why would she not?" she asked.

i laughed, remembering of past events between us three. "because yeji likes or liked jangmi and she's probably not too fond of the two of us together." i muttered.

lia groaned a bit too loudly, "so all of this stuff happened and you didn't dare to tell me until now?" she bit her lip, "what if something happened? what if you needed somebody to defend you in case you got in trouble? how would i do that when i knew nothing about whatever was going on between you guys!"

i sighed at her dramatic behavior, "calm down lia, i mean—- what's the worse that could happen? 

————————-

i was walking down the long halls of the huge but empty house we were temporarily staying in. since we had no schedule today, we were free to do as we please, but even with today's freedom, i still felt trapped. i looked around the house, admiring its architecture and design and thinking of nothing and everything.

although i had music playing in my headphones, lia's words from earlier still rung louder. she was right, and i knew she was—- but deep down inside i was hoping that jangmi and i would turn out okay even if we got publicized, that everyone would treat it as they usually do with a male and female idol, but i knew it wasn't true. nothing goes that way when it's against society.

with all the thoughts in my head, i let out a loud sigh.

"what's all bothering you?" a familiar deep voice asked from across the room.

i turned towards the direction of the voice only for my eyes to land on keeho.

i shrugged, not in the mood to speak— especially not to him.

despite my lack of acknowledgment towards him and the obvious move that i wasn't in the mood to speak to him right now, he quietly laughed and made his way towards me.

with nowhere to go and no excuses to make, i stayed in my spot, waiting for him to make his next move.

he stood in front of me, trying to act intimidating with his height that towered me a bit, but it didn't phase me— not the slightest.

i sighed again, making it clear i wasn't too fond of this right now. "can i help you?" i asked.

he laughed again, which made me want to slap the smile off his face, but i couldn't. i have to be professional. "what's so funny?" i asked again, this time with a sarcastic smile of my own.

he shook his head, "oh, it's nothing really. you look like you've been getting into some trouble recently." he said, "what does an idol like you do for in her spare time?"

i scoffed, "none of your concern." i replied, not sure why he was showing interest in me all of a sudden.

"are you sure it's none of my concern when it includes you messing around with  my girlfriend?"