Pain

Ryujin's pov:

"jangmi: ryujin, i'm sorry. i dont know how it all unraveled or came to be like this, but i was awoken to my manager telling me i needed to leave. i asked him why and he showed he that article and that picture of you kissing me. he said that he didn't want me to leave, but i had to or else the situation might get out of control and he wouldn't be able to handle it. im on my way to the airport to go to the states until the situation dies down and i can figure out what to do. im sorry. i love you."

_______________________________

I didn't think i'd make it on time.

She said she was at the airport and there was no way I could make it on time before her flight leaves.

but there was no harm in trying.

I was five minutes away from the airport, it took me 30 minutes less than it usually does to get there—- probably because I broke at least 10 traffic laws. Oops.

My mind was frantically searching for a way to find her and what to say to her once i got there, as well as convince her to stay. She couldn't leave just like that. She couldn't leave me with just a text message and assume I would have just taken it so lightly.

there was only one problem: I didn't even have her gate number. i basically had no clue as to where she could be.

But i would try, nonetheless.

I pulled up to the parking lot of the airport and quickly parked the car and rushed inside. It was a huge airport, and i was slightly panicking—-but then i remembered: she was leaving to LA. Not many planes leave to LA today. I can narrow it down to whichever gates are leaving, and search those instead of having to run through the entire airport.

As i was running around, i noticed a girl, and without thinking, ran up to her.

"Hi," i said, out of breath, "have you seen any paparazzi nearby?" I asked, not caring that she may know who i am and i was probably just exposing myself altogether.

Her eyes slightly widened for a second, but went back to normal; either because a random stranger who probably looked crazy just approached her, or she knew who i was.

she broke out into a huge smile, "hi shin ryujin, and no i have not." she calmly replied.

i snorted. she casually said my name as if i was an old friend, and completely disregarded everything else. i found it quite funny.

"okay," i laughed, "have you by any chance seen jangmi? do you know who she is?" i asked.

it was safe to assume that if she knew me she definitely knew jangmi. it also wasn't impossible given shes, you know, her.

she shook her head, "no, i have not seen her, i'm sorry." she apologized, which earned a frown from me.

i quickly thanked her and ran away. i didn't want to waste another second. my mind was taking in all sorts of information as i scanned the screens of boarding times, but none of it benefited me as i found nothing to what i was looking for. however, as i was running around like a lost child, i found an information center with a lady at the front desk.

"hi, i'm looking for a gate to Los Angeles that leaves soon." i asked the lady as i gently smiled.

she pursed her lips, "well, looks like we only have one departure to LA, today." she replied, her mouse clicking away as she checked her computer screen.

i could possibly make it.

i hummed in response, "alright, do you know what gate that would be at?" i asked, pretending to check the time on my phone.

she nodded, "sure, just on your right will be gate B15, the one you are looking for." the lady replied as she gestured the directions with her hand.

i thanked her again and rushed off. although the only true direction was to take a right, there was a lot of walking— and i was still only at B3.

"flight to Los Angeles at 4:15 p.m. will begin boarding in five minutes at gate B15. passengers, please make your way there now."

i froze.

the sign says it takes approximately 7 minutes to arrive at the gate but i only had five minutes before the plane began boarding and departures not long after.

however, i wasn't going to give up.

——-

i was at gate B13 when the intercom spoke up again and said that the plane was almost done boarding.

i started panicking more than ever.

i had to get there. i dont know what i'd do if i never saw her again. i didn't want to think of the possibility. especially after all my efforts to get here, i simply don't know what would happen to me if she boarded that plane before i could catch up to her.

but maybe it's what fate had written for us.

because as i made my way to the gate, the intercom spoke up again.

"we are waiting on two more passengers in the economy class. the plane doors will shortly close."

i stopped.

whoever had booked jangmi's flight wouldn't have put her in economy.

my heart sank.

i was too late.

after those two passengers get on the plane, my chance is gone forever. 

i'd have accomplished nothing.

except pain.