right decision

(jangmi's pov)

i watched her slowly walk away and into the studio as i was sitting in my parked car.

i kissed her, it really happened.

why? it was out of nowhere and for some reason, i just felt the need to do it. seems she enjoyed it, too, though, because even from behind, she looks excited.

i smiled and shook my head as i started the ignition to my car and exited the parking lot to the studio. a few minutes in, as i was driving my way to the highway, my phone started ringing. i grabbed it from the cup holder and looked at the called ID.

it was keeho.

i tossed my phone on the passenger seat and rolled my eyes. he's been trying to contact me nonstop for the past two days, but i've just been ignoring him. i mean, why would i want to talk to him right now?

i was able to ignore my phone for a good three minutes, until, finally, my head felt like it was going to explode and i snatched my phone from the other seat and shoved my finger on the answer button.

"hello? i'm busy driving. call you later." i said, putting the phone on speaker and hovering my finger over the red button. before i could hang up, keeho immediately interrupted me.

"hey, hey! don't hang up. why have you been ignoring me for the past two days?" he asked, clueless of the events that took place in front of my poor eyes the other day.

i scoffed, "i can't talk now, bye." i bitterly replied before hanging up the call, feeling the anger creep over myself as i realized as obvious as i was that day, standing right in front of them, he didn't even notice me. why would he? he was too busy with that other girl.

but then it hit me— maybe i'm just as bad as he is. i'm just like him, a cheater, an idiot who knows the consequences of it and yet risks everything for something temporary and quick, much like the kiss i shared with ryujin. immediately, guilt washed over me and i grabbed my phone and dialed keeho's number.

he instantly picked up.

"hello?" he said.

i sighed, "keeho, i'm so sorry i've been ignoring you. also, i'm sorry for being rude to you a minute ago. i've just been super busy and there's a lot going through my mind. it's nothing to do with you." i explained, awaiting his response through the other line.

it went quiet, "it's okay, i understand." he finally said, his tone soft. "i mean, you're a public figure, of course you're going to be busy. i forgive you. you can make it up to me by coming over." he said, with a very obvious smirk playing through his voice.

i thought about it for a moment. first of all, keeho did cheat on me, but i did too. it's not fair to be mad at him for something i committed, as well. that would be hypocritical. therefore, i decided to just forget about it all, and settle it as even between us.

"okay." i replied, accepting his offer as i changed my route to his house. "i'll be there in 5." i hung up the call and took a deep breath.

i hope i made the right decision.

...

i finally arrived to the grand house, immediately being greeted by his smiling face waiting for me outside.

i parked the car and ran out and jumped into his arms as he engulfed me in a hug.

"i missed you." he said, as my face was snuggled into the crook of his neck. i inhaled his scent. it smelled like flowers. a feminine flowery smell.

immediately i pulled away, as the scent registered in my head to be a type of perfume a feminine person would wear, but just as fast, the thought disappeared from my mind once i remembered ryujin. i gave him a quick peck on his lips and grabbed his hand as i pulled him inside.

i pushed him onto the couch once we entered. "i missed you, too." i finally replied, after taking my jacket off.

i looked into his awaiting brown eyes and saw the lust in them. with the intention of forgetting about ryujin— and everything, i kissed him again, this time the kiss lasting much much longer.

i really do hope i made the right decision.