Chapter 22 - Finals

Midnight: "Before the next round starts, we need to see if Kirishima or Tetsutetsu will move on! This will be decided by an arm-wrestling match!"

Kirishima and Tetsutetsu walk up to a small cinderblock placed in the centre of the arena by Cementoss. They get into position, and the match starts. They both strain against each other's strength, neither one budging an inch. Finally, something in Tetsutetsu seems to crack. Kirishima slams Tetsutetsu's fist into the block and wins. Tetsutetsu falls to the floor. Kirishima says something and offers him his hand. Tetsutetsu takes it and Kirishima helps him to his feet. After a few minutes, Kirishima appears back in the stands.

Y/N: "Hey, Kirishima! You were amazing! Congrats!"

He blushes and scratches his neck.

Kiri: "Thanks, L/N! I did my best!"

You smile and turn back to the arena.

Present Mic: "And now for the second round of the Sports Festival. Both competitors are top of their class! And the world ain't big enough for the both of them! Midoriya Versus Todoroki!!! Start!!!"

Without a second of hesitation, Todoroki starts off with a giant ice attack. Midoriya uses his quirk to destroy the ice.

Y/T: 'He just broke his finger again...'

Present Mic: "Whoa! He smashed it??!!!!"

Todoroki sends out another wave of ice towards Midoriya, and he smashes it again. The ice attacks continue until every finger on Midoriya's right hand is broken. Todoroki sends ice underneath him and he jumps over it to strike Midoriya. He punches down and forms ice around his hand to enhance the intensity of his move. It sends Midoriya flying backwards. Ice encases his foot as he flies through the air. Midoriya uses his left hand to punch the ice away, but in the process, breaks his arm.

Y/T: 'There won't be a bone left in his body before long...'

They stop fighting and seem to talk for a moment... then Midoriya sends a large wave of air towards Todoroki with his broken hand. Todoroki's face is in shock. Midoriya starts to yell at Todoroki. Todoroki charges toward Midoriya again, but he's... slowed down? Midoriya finally lands a punch on him.

Present Mic: "Ooo, and a bitter blow straight to the gut! Bet he's going to feel that one for a week!"

Todoroki stands up and clutches his stomach. Midoriya starts to yell again, and Todoroki sends another ice attack. This one seems weaker than the others were. Midoriya looks badly injured, but still manages to fight through the ice. Midoriya attacks again, and Todoroki was sent backwards by Midoriya's broken fist.

Deku: "IT'S YOURS!!! YOUR QUIRK, NOT HIS!!!"

Y/T: 'What are you talking about, Midoriya...?'

Todoroki's face twisted in pain. And that's when it happened. Flames burst form Todoroki's left side.

Endeavor: "SHOTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! SO YOU FINALLY ACCEPTED YOURSELF, HAVE YOU?! GOOD!! EXELLENT!!! NOW, THIS IS YOUR TRUE BEGINNING!! YOU WHO HOLDS MY BLOOD, SURPASS ME... AND REALIZE MY AMBITION IN YOURSELF!!!!

Present Mic: "Uhh... was that a fatherly pep talk or somethin'...?"

Midoriya smiles as he looks at Todoroki's flames. They charge at each other, ready for the final blow. Todoroki's flames and ice synchronize together perfectly. Midoriya activates his quirk, letting out a huge amount of smoke. Cementoss and Midnight both try and step in before they collide, but a giant explosion rumbles the stadium. When the smoke clears, Midoriya collapses out of bounds.