// 001 //

quick note: even though this is a modern AU, Obito still owns his Sharingan. No reason for it, I just really like him with red eyes, heh.

 No reason for it, I just really like him with red eyes, heh

OBITO UCHIHA'S day was going well.

The twenty-five-year-old mechanic had wound up finishing his work back at the shop earlier than usual for a change. After finally managing in fixing a car engine that had been terribly pesky to eat away on his nerves that day, the tired Uchiha had left his workplace with a smile that had been somewhat content.

To make the good news even better; his next shift wasn't until tomorrow afternoon. Considering that he would be able to sleep in the next morning for a change, Obito caught himself feeling somewhat giddy at the free time he was now able to spend by finishing the last two episodes of The Outsider - which he had indeed been putting off watching for a week straight. At long last, he would find out who the killer was, despite already owning a hunch about it.

Maybe I should have been a detective, instead of a car-mechanic.
Detective Obito Uchiha, eh? Hah!

Obito mused at the thought.

That day, he had gone to work by train. The option was certainly that of the easier kind, as the falsely-privileged assholes that lived in the area he called his home were always incredulously fast to occupy all the parking spots by the time Obito left work.

And so, with his mind cleared of all worry for having to search for free parking, the Uchiha walked with a certain bounce to his step as he made his way from the metro station to his apartment complex.
He had stopped at the convenience store along the way to buy himself a couple of beers, with the intention of celebrating a nice, lazy evening that was ahead of him. He'd order takeout when he got home, and take the shower he had been practically yearning for the last two hours.

Now that the drinks and food were taken care of, his evening was planned out to the last detail. All he had left to do was set it into motion.
Perfect. Absolutely perfect!

With a grocery bag in one hand and his phone in the other, Obito had reached his apartment building just as the sun had begun to set. Out of pure habit, the tired male threw a quick glance towards his car.
Much to his surprise however, the action demanded that he make a double take. Something new had met his eyes, after all.

A car he had never seen before was parked right alongside his own. The vehicle was painted in a shade of feverish red, and was so tiny that he'd consider it a clown car if anything else. It reminded him of a toy; one that he used to play with when he was a kid.

His head tilted lightly to the side at the thought. And then Obito chuckled. At his own damn joke!

Probably someone's aunt who had come to visit from a prestigious town in Italy, or something... Nobody else would drive a car that horrendous.